Recreate the enduring style of the 21 Membership Burger with this delectable copycat recipe! Crafted to perfection, this burger contains a distinctive twist the place floor high sirloin, bread crumbs, celery, and savory broth come collectively to create a patty that’s each extremely moist and bursting with taste. Savor the mix of premium floor beef, a superbly toasted bun, and a medley of connoisseur toppings that pay homage to the legendary 21 Membership expertise.
This put up accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes the Membership 21 Hamburger So Particular?
All burgers are principally the identical, proper? Not in case you are chowing down on a hamburger made utilizing the recipe from 21 Membership. This one-of-a-kind burger weighs greater than half a pound and is sort of impossibly gentle and juicy.
A 21 Membership Burger is far more than simply one other hamburger recipe with breadcrumbs. The actual secret is all the opposite substances within the meat combination. From the hen stock-poached celery to the nutmeg, you’ve by no means had a burger like this one earlier than.
Why You Ought to Attempt This 21 Membership Burger Recipe
Sadly, the legendary 21 Membership in NYC, recognized for serving basic American meals since 1922, closed its doorways for the final time in 2020. However that doesn’t imply you’ll be able to’t recreate the burger that fed top-tier celebrities and a number of US Presidents for practically 100 years.
A few of the substances could appear a bit of odd, however belief the recipe; it would reward you with scrumptious hamburgers you’ll wish to make repeatedly.
21 Membership Burger Components
To make the well-known hamburger recipe with breadcrumbs and different seasonings, you’ll want:
- Unsalted hen broth
- Floor high sirloin
- Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly floor pepper
- Unsalted butter
- Hamburger buns
Concepts for burger toppings:
- Lettuce Leaves or Shreds
- Tomato Slices
- Purple Onions
Though an 80/20 burger combine is typical, you should use a much less fatty 85/15 combine with out ending up with a dry patty. If doable, have your high sirloin floor contemporary on a barely coarser setting than a typical hamburger for extra toothsomeness.
Grate the nutmeg contemporary, and don’t be tempted to depart it out. The spice provides loads of taste to the 21 Membership Burger recipe.
How you can Make the Traditional 21 Membership Hamburger
To make the patties:
- Simmer the hen inventory in a small saucepan over medium warmth.
- Rinse and finely chop the celery.
- Scale back the warmth to low and poach the celery uncovered within the hen inventory for 20 minutes till tender. Drain, however don’t press any liquid out of the celery. Dump the poached celery into a big mixing bowl.
- Add the bottom high sirloin, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, floor nutmeg, salt, and floor black pepper to the bowl with the poached celery.
- Use your palms to combine completely.
- Cowl the bowl and chill the meat for about half-hour.
- After half-hour, type 4 thick patties a bit of wider than the buns. Attempt to not compress the meat combination greater than needed.
To prepare dinner the patties:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take the burgers out of the fridge and set them on the counter.
- Warmth a heavy pan on medium and soften the butter.
- As soon as the butter stops foaming, put the patties within the pan. Chances are you’ll must prepare dinner in batches in case your pan is simply too small.
- Place patties within the pan and prepare dinner the patties for six minutes on all sides after which switch them to the oven for an extra 6 to 10 minutes. Because the burgers are so thick, use a thermometer to examine the temp earlier than eradicating them from the oven.
To assemble the burger:
- Unfold butter on the buns and toast them cut-side up within the oven.
- Place the cooked patty on the toasted backside bun and add your favourite toppings.
- Cowl the dressed burger with the highest bun and serve instantly.
What to Serve With the Burger
Go forward and pair the 21 Membership Burger with customary French fries or onion rings, however a burger this distinctive deserves really stand-out sides like:
How you can Retailer Leftover Hamburgers
End or throw away cooked burgers, however you’ll be able to prep a batch of raw patties forward of time and maintain them within the fridge or freezer.
Refrigerate raw patties in an hermetic container for as much as three days. If you’ll want to retailer them for as much as a month, freeze them in a single layer on a wax paper-lined baking tray, then stack them in a freezer-safe bag with a sheet of wax paper between every patty.
What Is the Finest Technique to Reheat a Hamburger
Thaw frozen raw patties in a single day within the fridge.
Cook dinner the thawed patties as above.
Favourite Burger Recipes
Extra Superb Eating Recipes
21 Membership Burger
Make a legendary hamburger just like the 21 Membership.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup hen broth
- 2 kilos floor high sirloin
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt to style
- freshly floor pepper to style
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 hamburger buns
Place the celery and hen broth in a small saucepan over very low warmth. Poach the celery for 20 minutes. Drain and let cool.
In a mixing bowl, mix the poached celery with the bottom beef, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Combine effectively along with your palms. Gently form the combination into 4 massive patties, being cautious to not compact the meat any greater than needed.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Warmth the butter in a big, heavy skillet over medium warmth till the butter is amber in shade. Brown the burgers for six minutes on all sides. Then switch the skillet to the preheated oven for six to eight minutes for medium uncommon, including just a few extra minutes in case you want your burgers cooked past medium uncommon.
Serve the cooked burger patties on the buns.
Energy: 712kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 47g | Fats: 44g | Saturated Fats: 19g | Ldl cholesterol: 176mg | Sodium: 555mg | Potassium: 765mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 1.6mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 6.5mg