Transport your self to a tropical paradise with an Applebee’s Bahama Mama drink. Sip on a symphony of flavors as coconut rum, banana liqueur, and fruit juices mix right into a refreshing and unique delight. This simple copycat recipe captures the essence of the unique, permitting you to benefit from the trip vibes from the consolation of your own home.
Shake up your slice of paradise and lift a glass to sunshine and good instances. We’ve the key restaurant recipes that will help you in your digital tropical getaway.
This submit comprises affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes the Applebee’s Bahama Mama Cocktail So Good?
Do you need to escape to the islands however can’t afford to take the time without work from work? Then, escape your bar cart and begin mixing. A number of sips of Applebee’s Bahama Mama will make you are feeling like you’re lounging on a white sand seaside with a tropical cocktail.
However what does a Bahama Mama style like? You’re in for a particular deal with if you happen to’ve by no means had one. Applebee’s Bahama Mama recipe combines oranges, bananas, coconuts, limes, lemons, pineapples, and pomegranate for the final word tropical fruit punch with a powerful alcohol kick. This drink captures the tropical flavors of Applebee’s recipe.
Why You Ought to Strive This Recipe
So, what taste is a Bahama Mama? Nicely, with virtually limitless variations of this traditional cocktail, every bar tends to place its spin on the recipe, so a definitive reply to the query is a bit onerous to reply. However typically, all of the recipes for Bahama Mamas embrace a mix of varied rums and fruit juices.
However what’s a Bahama Mama at Applebee’s? Nicely, it’s fairly distinctive. The recipe eschews the often-used darkish rum and low liqueur that seems in a number of odd recipes for a Bahama Mama.
As an alternative, this recipe provides banana liqueur to the combo, giving the drink way more of a Caribbean vibe. However that’s not the one tweak Applebee has made. The chain’s grasp mixologists in the reduction of on the quantity of fruit juice and changed it with lemon-lime soda.
The result’s a cocktail that’s sweeter, much less tart, and simpler to drink than different Bahama Mamas you will have tried.
You don’t must be knowledgeable bartender to make this summer time cocktail on a type of sizzling summer time days.
Bahama Mama Components
To make this copycat Applebee’s Bahama Mama recipe, you’ll want:
- Ice cubes
- White rum
- Coconut-flavored rum
- Banana-flavored liqueur
- Pineapple juice
- Orange juice
- Lemon-lime soda, like Sprite or 7-Up
- Orange slice
- Maraschino cherries
Consider it or not, good ice makes a greater drink. Be sure to make the ice contemporary and use filtered water. Outdated ice can choose up flavors out of your freezer.
Grenadine is chargeable for the deep reds of many cocktails, however it might additionally taste the glass. Spring for all-natural grenadine syrup for the best-tasting Bahama Mama cocktails.
There are three sorts of spirits on this Bahama Mama drink recipe:
- White Rum. Also referred to as gentle or silver rum, white rum is evident and aged for a short while and has a milder taste than darkish rum. Bacardi Superior White Rum is a good, cheap model good for this cocktail.
- Coconut-flavored Rum. You will discover many flavored rums, however coconut is likely one of the hottest. Malibu Unique, in its well-known white bottle, must be your go-to right here.
- Banana-flavored Liqueur. Banana-flavored liqueur runs the gamut from low cost, high-proof, however harsh-tasting bottles to high-priced sippable choices. However your finest wager right here is the ever-popular Bols Creme de Banana, a really decent-tasting and well-priced selection.
Methods to Make a Bahama Mama Drink
To make a single Bahama Mama cocktail:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour within the white rum, coconut rum, banana liqueur, grenadine, and the 2 juices.
- Cowl the shaker and shake for 15 to twenty seconds till the skin of the shaker is ice-cold.
- Pressure the drink right into a glass crammed with contemporary ice. Applebee’s prefers a typical pint glass, however a hurricane glass is a bit more fancy and conventional.
- Prime off the cocktail with lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish the drink with half of an orange slice and a maraschino cherry. Slide in a straw and a tiny cocktail umbrella if you would like.
What to Serve With Applebee’s Bahama Mama
You possibly can’t absolutely get pleasure from any cocktail with out one thing to nibble on. Since this drink falls squarely into the seaside drink class, any dish utilizing seafood as a fundamental ingredient will pair nicely. Listed here are three shareable dishes that you could be need to serve with Bahama Mama cocktails:
Love Applebee’s? Strive these copycat recipes!
Favourite Fruity Cocktail Recipes
Applebee’s Bahama Mama
Make a refreshing Bahama Mama drink like Applebee’s with this simple copycat recipe.
- ice cubes
- 1 ounce white rum
- 1/2 ounce Malibu coconut rum
- 1/2 ounce banana liqueur
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- 3/4 ounce pineapple juice
- 3/4 ounce orange juice
- 1 ounce lemon lime soda
- 1 orange slice for garnish
- 1 maraschino cherry for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
Place rum, coconut rum, banana liquor, grenadine, pineapple juice, orange juice into the shaker.
Pour right into a pint glass. Prime with lemon lime soda.
Garnish with half an orange slice and a cherry.
Energy: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 0.3g | Fats: 0.1g | Saturated Fats: 0.01g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.02g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.01g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 78mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 48IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.2mg