Baked Spaghetti Squash with Zucchini, Corn, and Bacon is a tasty Fall dinner it would be best to make many times! This consolation meals recipe is full of veggies and gluten-free. It should make an awesome addition to the vacation menu (Thanksgiving and Christmas).
Baked Spaghetti Squash – a simple weeknight meal
If you happen to’re searching for baked spaghetti squash recipes, you’ve got come to the appropriate place! This Fall-inspired dinner is a well-balanced meal that has every thing: a lot of veggies (spaghetti squash, zucchini, and corn), protein (bacon and cheese), and luxury meals elements (cream cheese and Parmesan cheese). It makes a shocking presentation – an ideal recipe for a special day! It’s also an awesome choice for a easy weeknight meal as a result of it options accessible elements and is simple to make!
For extra baked spaghetti squash recipe inspiration, check out these 2 reader-favorites:
Why you will find it irresistible
- Low-carb, gluten-free recipe. If you happen to’re making an attempt to chop again on carbs, baked spaghetti squash is an ideal selection! It is an awesome different to common pasta with out the energy!
- Stunning presentation. Stuffed spaghetti squash makes a simple fancy presentation. Impress your loved ones and buddies with this restaurant-quality meal made at dwelling.
- Nice recipe for Fall/Winter. The very best time to make this recipe is when spaghetti squash is in season. Make the most of the seasonal produce! It is also an awesome dish to make for the vacation menu (Thanksgiving and Christmas).
- Spaghetti squash is low in energy and extremely nutritious, and a superb supply of folic acid, potassium, and beta-carotene.
- Zucchini. I used 2 medium sliced zucchini, quartered. I seared it in a skillet on the stovetop earlier than including it to the baked spaghetti squash halves.
- Corn. I boiled 4 ears of corn (corn on the cob) in a pot of boiling water for about 5 or 10 minutes. Then, when the corn was cooled, I sliced the corn kernels off the cob with a knife. You can too grill your corn or use canned corn. I used whole of two cups of cooked corn kernels.
- Bacon – use chopped, cooked bacon. I used about 6 strips. It is easy to cook dinner the bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet within the oven at 350 F for about 15 or 20 minutes.
- Cream cheese provides creaminess and nice texture to the filling. Use softened cream cheese by heating it within the microwave oven briefly.
- Parmesan cheese – use shredded or grated parmesan. It is all the time finest to shred or grate the cheese your self!
- Seasonings. I used smoked paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Recent herbs. I garnished baked spaghetti squash with contemporary rosemary and contemporary thyme.
What sort of veggies to make use of?
Corn and zucchini are a beautiful mixture, however the fantastic thing about this recipe is that it’s tremendous versatile and adjustable to what you’ve gotten obtainable. Different veggies you need to use are spinach, chopped broccoli, bell peppers, or mushrooms.
What sort of corn to make use of?
- Recent corn on the cob is the most suitable choice, after all. The quickest solution to cook dinner contemporary corn is to boil it first, then take away it from the water, let it cool, and at last slice off the corn kernels. 4 ears of corn on the cob produce about 2 cups of cooked corn kernels.
- Frozen corn is an answer for when contemporary corn is out of season or when you may’t discover contemporary corn.
- Canned corn can be an choice, nevertheless, the freshly cooked corn tastes the very best!
Substitutions and variations
- Winter squash. You need to use spaghetti squash, butternut squash or acorn squash. When utilizing acorn squash, remember the fact that they’re smaller in measurement and bake sooner within the oven (about half-hour within the preheated oven at 400 F).
- Use prosciutto as an alternative of bacon. You may briefly crispy up the prosciutto within the preheated oven at 350 F for about 10 minutes.
- Cheese. Different cheeses that I like to recommend (apart from cream cheese and Parmesan) are shredded Mozzarella, Pecorino Romano, Gruyere, or Asiago cheese.
- Recent herbs. You need to use contemporary basil, thyme, marjoram, or oregano.
- Microwave the entire spaghetti squash earlier than slicing it in half. Microwave it for about 10 minutes or longer to melt it earlier than you slice it in half. Make giant slits in a squash with a knife alongside the road the place you’ll slice it earlier than including it to the microwave oven.
- Are you able to make it meatless? Skip the bacon, and you’ll have a meatless baked spaghetti squash!
- Add spice. Use crimson pepper flakes, chili powder, or Cayenne pepper to boost this dish.
- Toppings. When serving, prime the stuffed squash with contemporary herbs, chopped inexperienced onions, crimson pepper flakes, or cracked black pepper.
Storage and Reheating Ideas
- Fridge. Refrigerate the leftover baked spaghetti squash in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days.
- Reheat within the oven. Reheat it within the preheated oven at 350 F for about half-hour.
- Reheat within the microwave oven. You can too microwave the leftovers. For the very best and quickest outcomes, you may take the corn and zucchini combination out of the squash, and reheat this combination and the squash individually. Then stuff this combination again into the spaghetti squash.
What to serve with it
Baked Spaghetti Squash with Zucchini, Corn, and Bacon is a whole, well-balanced meal, and the one factor lacking is a contemporary, wholesome salad! Listed here are my ideas:
Different spaghetti squash recipes you may like
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Spinach, Tomatoes, and Mushrooms
- Southwestern Spaghetti Squash with Rooster
- Parmesan Spaghetti Squash, Spinach, and Bacon with Pine Nuts
- Bacon, Spaghetti Squash, and Parmesan Fritters
- Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with spicy Italian Sausage, Spinach, Apples, Cheddar, and Pepper Jack Cheese
- Parmesan Zucchini and Spaghetti Squash with Pine Nuts
Baked Spaghetti Squash with Zucchini, Corn, and Bacon
Baked Spaghetti Squash with Zucchini, Corn, and Bacon is a tasty Fall dinner it would be best to make many times! This consolation meals recipe is gluten-free and full of veggies. It should make an awesome addition to the vacation menu (Thanksgiving and Christmas).
- 2 spaghetti squash medium measurement
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 zucchini medium, sliced
- salt and pepper to style
- 2 cups corn kernels cooked (4 corn ears – corn on the cob)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika or extra
- ½ teaspoon chili powder or extra
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to style
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 6 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- contemporary thyme
- contemporary rosemary
Learn how to bake spaghetti squash
Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
Minimize every squash in 2 halves, scrape out the seeds and the fiber out of every half. You should have 4 halves.
(Notice: earlier than slicing every squash, you may microwave it. On this case, make giant slits with a knife in a spaghetti squash alongside the road the place you’ll slice it in half. Then, microwave the entire squash for about 5 or 10 minutes to melt it a bit. Then reduce every squash in half.)
Drizzle olive oil over the reduce sides and inside the squash. Generously season with salt and pepper.
Place the 4 squash halves on the ready baking sheet reduce facet down.
Bake for about 30 or 40 minutes on the center rack. Take away it from the oven when it is cooked by way of and mushy. You may examine by pulling the baking sheet out of the oven and piercing the squash with the fork – it must be mushy.
Proceed with the remainder of the recipe whereas the squash is within the oven.
Put together the veggie combination
Warmth an empty giant, high-sided cast-iron skillet over medium warmth for 1 minute. Add olive oil and sliced zucchini. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook dinner for about 3 minutes on medium warmth. Flip the veggies as soon as.
Add cooked corn kernels. Season with smoked paprika, chili powder, and salt.
Combine every thing properly. Take away from warmth.
Make a cheese combination
Add cream cheese to a microwave-safe large-sized bowl. Soften cream cheese briefly within the microwave oven. Ensure the cheese doesn’t really soften, simply softens.
Add shredded Parmesan, half of the cooked zucchini and corn combination, and half of the chopped cooked bacon to the identical bowl with cheese. Combine every thing properly.
Tip: Reserve the remaining half of the bacon and the veggie combination to rearrange on prime of the cheese combination.
Learn how to stuff spaghetti squash
By this time, you’ve gotten baked the spaghetti squash for 30 or 40 minutes. Take away it from the oven and switch cooked squash halves reduce sides up.
Let it cool barely.
Divide the cheese combination (with zucchini, corn, and bacon combined in) among the many 4 halves and stuff the squash till the combination is leveled.
Prime every stuffed spaghetti squash half with the remaining cooked zucchini, corn, and chopped bacon.
Return stuffed spaghetti squash to the preheated oven and roast at 400 F for 15 extra minutes till the cheese combination melts.
Take away the baked spaghetti squash from the oven.
Sprinkle chili powder on prime. Add contemporary herbs (rosemary and thyme). Serve.
The dietary info on this web site is barely an estimate and is supplied for comfort and as a courtesy solely. The accuracy of the dietary info for any recipe on this web site is just not assured. It shouldn’t be used as an alternative to knowledgeable nutritionist’s recommendation.