Almond flour banana muffins are a scrumptious option to take pleasure in a banana breakfast deal with, however with out the gluten. These have all of the flavors of conventional banana muffins, however made with almond flour, and sweetened principally with tremendous ripe bananas. The recipe makes 6 as a result of it’s a small batch of muffins, however it may simply be doubled to make 12.
Small Batch Almond Flour Muffins (Banana)
Almond flour banana muffins belong in your kitchen, even in case you suppose you have already got too many banana muffin or banana bread recipes, belief me! We at all times want extra methods to make use of bananas. They’re naturally candy, filled with vitamins, and children love them. Plus, they’re an incredible breakfast or snack. So what if we’ve chocolate chips for breakfast–it’s our life we’re dwelling!
Almond flour banana muffins are the factor I make for a weekend deal with. I really like that almond flour has extra protein than conventional flour, and I really like switching it up once I serve my youngsters meals. Sure, the children gave a pause after taking one chunk, as a result of they did notice for a cut up second that these should not my customary chocolate chip banana muffins. The pause did not final lengthy, and I am comfortable to report that they saved consuming, with smiles on their faces!
When the plate of muffins was gone, which does not take lengthy as a result of the recipe solely makes 6 muffins, they instantly requested if we may make my eggless banana bread throughout afternoon snack time. How can I say no to my banana loving little monkeys?
Elements for Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- one ripe brown noticed banana
- granulated sugar
- impartial oil: Impartial oil is any oil with out taste, like canola, vegetable, or grapeseed oil. The flavors of olive oil and coconut oil are too robust for these muffins.
- vanilla extract
- one entire egg
- almond flour: First, we’ve to debate how almond flour is totally different than almond meal. So, almond flour is produced from blanched almonds (the place the pores and skin has been eliminated) after which floor to a nice powder. The meal is solely floor almonds, with skins; I like to recommend almond flour for the lightest, fluffiest muffins.
- baking soda
- baking powder
- floor cinnamon
- chocolate chips: Bittersweet chips are the very best right here, however you need to use milk chocolate chips, in case you choose.
Almond Flour Muffins variations
Can I make this Almond Flour Muffins Recipe vegan?
To make these almond flour banana muffins with out eggs, you possibly can substitute 2 tablespoons of applesauce. This makes the muffins vegan, however solely so long as you employ vegan chocolate chips. To search out vegan chocolate chips, hunt down darkish chocolate chips and browse the label to ensure they do not comprise milk. We use the Dealer Joe’s semisweet chocolate chips on a regular basis as a result of they’re vegan.
Can I make Almond Flour Banana Muffins with 2 bananas?
This recipe, as written, requires one giant banana. You should use two small bananas, OR you possibly can double the recipe and use 2 bananas.
The best way to make almond flour banana muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 350, and line 6 cups in a muffin pan with liners.
- Mash: In a big bowl, mash the overripe banana with a fork. Mash very effectively till only a few lumps stay.
- Stir in all remaining substances, aside from the chocolate chips: 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons of oil, one entire egg, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 cup of almond flour, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon of salt and cinnamon.
- Word: This combination might be stirred collectively very effectively, as a result of almond flour doesn’t comprise gluten. There isn’t any danger of over-stirring and inflicting robust muffins.
- Stir within the ⅓ cup of chocolate chips, and divide this combination into the 6 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes.
- Let cool: Take away the muffins from the oven, allow them to relaxation for five minutes within the pan. Then, use a spatula to maneuver them to a wire rack to chill utterly. When these almond flour banana muffins are sizzling from the oven, they could be a little overly tender and moist on the within, so let the cool so long as you possibly can earlier than consuming. I, too, can hardly resist a muffin sizzling from the oven, although!
To retailer these superbly moist banana muffins, allow them to cool utterly, after which place them in an hermetic container on the counter. They preserve for two days at room temperature. You might also wrap them in plastic and freeze them individually, so you possibly can have quick, on-the-go breakfasts.
The best way to retailer Banana Muffins with Almond Flour:
Retailer muffins in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 4 days. You possibly can refrigerate or freezer for longer storage.
Banana Almond Flour Muffins FAQs
Almond flour might be pricy, however I say it is value it due to the dietary benefits–so a lot vitamin E and protein! I purchase it on-line or use the majority bins at my native well being meals retailer to get the very best worth on it, often lower than $8/pound. You solely want one cup for this recipe!
No. Nope, this recipe will not be Whole30, as a result of it comprises granulated sugar and oil that is not authorised by the weight-reduction plan. I’ve Whole30 pumpkin muffins–you may like these.
Almond flour lacks gluten and comprises far more protein than common flour. When baking with almond flour rather than common all-purpose flour, it may often be substituted in a 1:1 ratio, nevertheless, it would require extra liquid, similar to eggs. Baked items made with almond flour are fluffy, tender and barely denser than common flour treats.
Muffins can turn into soggy in case you depart them within the pan to chill utterly. Depart the freshly baked muffins within the pan for five minutes solely, after which transfer them to a wire rack to chill utterly.
Almond flour lacks gluten, which causes important structural change in batter. It additionally comprises extra protein than customary flour. Almond flour treats usually don’t rise or unfold as a lot as common treats, however they style simply as scrumptious, if no more scrumptious 🙂
In search of extra almond recipes?
Prepare dinner Time
- 1 giant overripe banana, mashed (about ⅔ cup)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons impartial oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (120 g) almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips (plus additional for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350, and line a 6 cup muffin pan with disposable paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana with a fork till very pureed and practically easy.
- Stir in all remaining substances: the sugar, oil, vanilla extract, 1 egg, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ⅓ cup of chocolate chips.
- You possibly can stir the combination very effectively to include all the things. Scoop into 6 muffin cups. Add just a few additional chocolate chips on prime of every muffin.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. The muffins can be very brown on prime, however don’t fear—they’ll nonetheless be tender and tender. FYI: browning is from the fats within the almond flour. Take a look at the muffins with a toothpick to make sure the muffins are achieved within the middle.
- Let cool within the pan for five minutes, after which transfer to a wire rack to chill utterly.
- Serve instantly, or retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 2 days at room temperature. You might also wrap them in plastic wrap individually, and freeze for future breakfasts.
impartial oil: Impartial oil is any oil with out taste, like canola, vegetable, or grapeseed oil. The flavors of olive oil and coconut oil are too robust for
almond flour: Almond flour is totally different than almond meal. Almond flour is produced from blanched almonds (the place the pores and skin has been eliminated) after which floor to a nice powder. Almond meal is solely floor almonds, with skins. I like to recommend almond flour for the lightest, fluffiest muffins.
chocolate chips: Bittersweet chips are the very best right here, however you need to use milk chocolate chips, in case you choose.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 213Whole Fats: 9gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 6gLdl cholesterol: 31mgSodium: 227mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g