Bourbon Girls has introduced the winners of the inaugural WOW (Girls of Whiskey) Awards, introduced in collaboration with the Bourbon Girls Basis. The awards had been introduced at a ceremony in the course of the Bourbon Girls SIPosium on Friday, August 25, 2023.
The WOW Awards acknowledge ladies leaders who’ve made important impacts on the whiskey business.
After a range course of, Bourbon Girls introduced the winners of every of the 2023 award classes:
- Legacy Achievement Award: Rebecca Harris (Founder, Chief Distiller, Catoctin Creek Distilling Co.)
- Grasp Distiller/Manufacturing Supervisor of the Yr: Alex Fortress (Grasp Distiller and Senior Vice President, Previous Dominick)
- Grasp Blender of the Yr: Heather Greene (Grasp Distiller, Founder and CEO, Milam & Greene Whiskey)
- Model Ambassador of the Yr: Angel Teta (Nationwide Guardian of Advocacy & Model Tradition, Angel’s Envy)
- Lady-Owned Model of the Yr: Heaven Hill Manufacturers.
- Bartender of the Yr: Tiffanie Barriere (The Ingesting Coach)
- Spirits Influencer/Podcaster of the Yr: Sara Ahlgrim (It’s Bourbon Evening)
- Spirits Author of the Yr: Pheobe Calver (Editor, American Whiskey Journal)
- Spirits-Range Program of the Yr: Beam Suntory
- Mike Keyes Champion/Ally of the yr: Emma Hutchens (Chief of Human Assets, Heaven Hill Manufacturers)
Finalists had been nominated by their firms, their friends and their communities, as having demonstrated a dedication to excellence of their craft and making invaluable contributions to the whiskey business. Finalists embody innovation and dedication that conjures up and uplifts others within the subject, the group says.
“We’re completely thrilled to have fun the management and alter that these people are bringing to the whiskey business and the innovation and fervour they share,” says Heather Wibbels, Managing Director of Bourbon Girls. “Collectively, they symbolize a groundswell of change within the whiskey world, and we’re proud to uplift and have fun the exceptional ladies who do this work every single day.”
In the course of the occasion, the Kentucky Distillers Affiliation additionally introduced the long-standing Lois Mateus Award Networking Award, recognizing the significance of connection and networking within the business, to Sara Osborne of MML&Ok Authorities Options.
For extra data on the WOW Awards and to discover the listing of finalists, go to bourbonwomen.org/wow-women-of-whiskey-awards/.
As a pioneer in supporting feminine bourbon fanatics, Bourbon Girls is the primary feminine whiskey client group within the nation.