Burger King French Toast Sticks are a enjoyable method to take pleasure in a traditional breakfast. No want for a knife and fork, simply dip these tasty French toast sticks in syrup and revel in!
This publish incorporates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Breakfast Finger Meals
Okay, so French toast will not be making many appearances on America’s breakfast tables lately, however that doesn’t imply it isn’t scrumptious. Reintroduce this traditional breakfast to your busy household with these french toast sticks which were a well-liked facet dish on the Burger King breakfast menu for many years.
Whether or not you serve them as a sit-down meal or toss them in a bag for finger meals on the go, it’s arduous to beat the style and comfort of this breakfast traditional.
Higher Bread Equals Higher French Toast Sticks
In a pinch, virtually any bread will do on this Burger King French Toast Sticks recipe, however attempt sticking to a couple tips for the most effective end result. The three bread qualities you’ll want to think about for excellent French toast. These traits are the thickness of the bread, its texture, and the way in which it tastes.
Unsliced bread is ideal, however except you’re shopping for a loaf of artisan bread (which isn’t such a nasty concept for this recipe), it’s usually a problem to search out within the native grocery store. In case your solely choices are pre-sliced, search for a model with extra-thick slices. Generally bakeries label these loaves as “Texas toast” or just as “thick sliced.”
Tender bread isn’t any good in the case of making French toast. Historically, used stale bread to make French toast, however at the moment’s business bread incorporates tons of preservatives and can often go moldy earlier than getting too arduous to eat. However there are a few methods round this.
The primary manner is to pop a couple of slices of contemporary bread immediately onto the rack of a preheated oven at 300°F for 8 minutes. Alternatively, and a maybe higher answer, is to buy day-old bread that bakeries often promote for an enormous low cost. This manner, you get high-quality bread for affordable and keep away from additional work for your self!
Style is subjective, however a number of folks choose sweeter bread for his or her French toast. If that is you, go for bread containing eggs and sugar like brioche, challah, or Hawaiian-style candy bread. It’s possible you’ll even wish to go a bit overboard and make your Burger King french toast sticks from panettone, chocolate chip bread, and even pound cake!
Right here’s an inventory of what you’ll want to make copycat Burger King French toast sticks:
- Entire milk
- Egg yolks
- All-purpose flour
- Cinnamon sugar
- Floor nutmeg
- Sliced bread
- Vegetable oil
Make Burger King French Toast Sticks
- Place milk, egg yolks, flour, salt, cinnamon sugar, and nutmeg in a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk till the combination is mixed and easy.
- Minimize bread slices into thirds.
- Add sufficient vegetable oil in a small skillet or frying pan to cowl the underside of the pan in oil.
- Warmth oil on medium to medium-high.
- When the oil is scorching, shortly dunk the bread slices into the batter.
- Place the battered sticks into the new oil and cook dinner till the underside of the sticks is evenly browned.
- Flip sticks over and cook dinner on the opposite facet till golden brown.
- Take away sticks from the skillet.
- Serve with maple syrup.
CopyKat Tip: Let your bread dry out a bit so it isn’t tremendous comfortable.
Going Past Maple Syrup
Actual maple syrup is unbelievable if you will get previous the excessive value, however why cease there? You possibly can dip your French toast sticks in absolutely anything! Listed here are a couple of ideas, however be happy to experiment by yourself!
- Any jam or jelly you occur to have available. Attempt thinning jellies and thick jams by mixing in somewhat boiling water.
- Whipped cream! You can also make it make much more decadent by double-dipping right into a pile of mini-chocolate chips.
- Whipped Honey Bacon Butter. Within the bowl of a stand mixer, mix 1/2 cup of room-temperature butter, 1/4 cup of honey, and two tablespoons of bacon bits. Combine at excessive pace till fluffy!
What to serve with French Toast Sticks
It’s possible you’ll wish to add one other dish or two to make a full breakfast. Listed here are a few of our suggestions for you.
Suggestions for Making and Storing Burger King French Toast Sticks
- Freeze for a fast breakfast. Let the french toast sticks cool totally. Then, you’ll be able to freeze them in a single layer for 2 hours earlier than transferring them to a bag to retailer for as much as a month.
- Reheat within the oven or microwave. Warmth in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 to fifteen minutes or within the microwave for 45 seconds.
Love Burger King? Attempt these copycat recipes!
Favourite Breakfast Recipes
Burger King French Toast Sticks
Burger King French Toast Sticks are crispy with a contact of cinnamon taste.
Servings: 2 servings
- 3 1/2 tablespoons entire milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon floor nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 2 slices bread Texas toast or crustless bread advisable
- vegetable oil for frying
In a small bowl combine collectively milk, 2 egg yolks, flour, salt, cinnamon sugar, and nutmeg. Whisk collectively till the combination is easy.
Minimize every slice of bread into thirds.
In a small skillet add sufficient vegetable oil to cowl the underside ¼ inch of the pan in oil. Warmth on medium to medium excessive. When the oil is scorching, shortly dunk the bread sticks into the batter. Don’t saturate the bread, simply evenly coat it.
Place the battered sticks into the new oil, cook dinner for 1 to 2 minutes or till the sticks start to show brown, flip, and cook dinner on the opposite facet for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Take away sticks from the skillet. Serve with maple syrup.
I like to recommend that you simply let your bread dry out a bit, so it isn’t tremendous comfortable. The crustless bread appears to be a bit drier and it’s simpler to chop.
Energy: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 35g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 198mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 303IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 2mg