This submit could include affiliate hyperlinks. Please see my full disclosure for particulars.
Hello Daring Bakers!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE: This Butter and Jam Bread Pudding Recipe is a baked custardy dessert stuffed with the comforting flavors of buttery brioche and strawberry jam. Everybody from toddlers to grannies will adore this candy and easy deal with. Placing this cozy dish collectively couldn’t be simpler—if you may make a jam sandwich, you’re midway to tucking right into a bowl of creamy bread pudding. Prep it forward, let it come collectively within the fridge, after which pop it within the oven while you’re able to get pleasure from it.
I’ve fond reminiscences of my Mum making ready heartwarming, delectably aromatic meals like this in Eire, and so they all the time gave the impression to be the proper treatment for gloomy days and chilly nights. Even now, I nonetheless adore hugs in a bowl from recipes like this one, which may transport me immediately again house! As we get into the autumn months, you’ll love serving this homey and delicious dessert. A dish of Butter and Jam Bread Pudding will heat you proper up!
Desk of Contents
What’s Butter and Jam Bread Pudding?
- Butter and Jam Bread Pudding is a dessert or breakfast dish made by soaking bread, butter, and jam base in vanilla custard. It’s baked till every thing is moist and pillowy-soft within the center, and golden brown and properly crusty on prime.
- You need to use varied forms of bread, corresponding to brioche as I exploit right here, white sandwich bread, baguettes, ciabatta, or challah bread. Use stale bread or toasted bread to whip up a heat and comforting dish that’s welcome in Eire’s typically blustery climate!
- Different forms of bread pudding embody Italian strata, Indian double ka meetha, and Mexican capirotada.
Key Substances and Why
- Slices of golden brioche bread are the muse of this bread pudding.
- Brioche is an eggy bread with an expensive spongy texture and a calmly candy taste. It’s referred to as an enriched dough as a result of it accommodates a better degree of fats, which comes from the butter and egg. Enriched dough breads are identified for his or her tender crumb and deep taste.
- In case your bread continues to be too moist and recent, place slices within the oven at 350°F (180°C) for quarter-hour earlier than beginning this recipe.
- Butter is unfold on the bread on this recipe. It enriches the pudding’s texture and taste.
- Butter additionally helps crisp the pudding throughout baking.
- How one can Make Selfmade Butter has simple instructions for whipping up a recent and flavorful batch in your kitchen!
- The candy, brilliant, ripe taste of strawberry jam is central to this pudding. Its brilliant, fruity style is the best complement to the richness of the opposite elements.
- Make your personal strawberry jam for a beautiful recent style and the satisfaction of realizing you probably did it from scratch!
- You possibly can additionally use raspberry jam or orange marmalade.
- Eggs within the custard bind the pudding collectively and provides it a wealthy taste and a golden colour.
- For greatest outcomes, use room-temperature eggs. My information for How one can Get Room Temperature Eggs will enable you to in case you neglect to take them out of the fridge.
- Sugar sweetens the custard, and it additionally aids within the caramelization of the highest, giving the pudding an additional nutty, wealthy taste observe.
- Whereas milk offers the custard on this bread pudding a richer, velvety texture.
- Complete milk accommodates a better share of milk fats than reduced-fat milk or non-fat milk and offers a creamier consequence.
- The nice and cozy and candy style of vanilla enhances the buttery, fruity flavors, and offers the pudding a beautiful aroma whereas cooking.
- Discover ways to make Selfmade Vanilla Extract and also you’ll by no means return to purchasing it!
How one can Make Butter and Jam Bread Pudding
- Make the bread and jam layer: Assemble the brioche, butter, and strawberry jam into six sandwiches. Layer them right into a buttered baking dish.
- Make the custard combination: Stir the eggs, sugar, milk, and vanilla collectively Pour over the sandwiches.
- Let the combination relaxation: Soak the pudding within the fridge for not less than half-hour.
- Cook dinner the pudding: Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 50 to 60 minutes till puffy and golden.
Can I Make Butter and Jam Bread Pudding in Advance?
Sure, this recipe is nice to make prematurely!
- Assemble the bread pudding, then cowl and refrigerate for not less than an hour, and as much as 24 hours.
- If you’re prepared, uncover and bake as directed.
How one can Retailer Butter and Jam Bread Pudding
Retailer Butter and jam Bread Pudding leftovers within the fridge for as much as two days.
Can I make this recipe egg-free?
No, I don’t advocate utilizing egg substitutes on this Bread pudding recipe.
Can I exploit dairy-free milk on this recipe?
How do I preserve my pudding from being soggy?
- Bread that’s too recent or moist can turn out to be mushy. In case your bread isn’t stale, dry it out within the oven at 350°F (180°C) for quarter-hour earlier than assembling the sandwiches.
- Comply with the directions rigorously so that you’ve the right ratio of bread to custard.
How do I make sure that my bread pudding isn’t dry?
- Be sure that the pudding soaks for not less than half-hour earlier than cooking in order that the custard permeates the bread.
- In case your pudding is getting too browned, tent it with foil.
- Make certain to not over-bake! The pudding shouldn’t be fully set within the center. It’ll proceed to set because it cools.
Gemma’s Professional Chef Ideas
Extra Bread Pudding Recipes
Bask in an irresistible Butter and Jam Bread Pudding with this simple recipe. It is the last word heartwarming deal with good for any event.
Servings: 6 servings
Butter a baking dish, about 9 x 13-inches.
Unfold butter and jam on the bread and sandwich the bread collectively to make 6 sandwiches.
Minimize the sandwiches diagonally throughout and layer within the buttered dish.
In a big bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla and whisk to mix.
Pour the custard evenly over the slices and let soak for not less than half-hour.
Whereas the bread is soaking, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, till the pudding has risen and is golden in colour.
Serve instantly, topped with vanilla ice cream. Retailer leftovers within the fridge for as much as 2 days.