This Cajun seasoning recipe is stuffed with daring taste!
The key is within the excellent mix of elements which can be seemingly already in your pantry!
Rub it on fish or rooster. Sprinkle it on shrimp or stir it into pasta.
A Staple Seasoning Mix
Cajun seasoning is a pantry staple in Louisiana, and in my kitchen too! It’s straightforward to make at residence.
- Spicy & versatile! Cajun spice provides a smoky, spicy, and savory pop of taste to recipes.
- DIY Delight! Why purchase it when you may make it? This straightforward recipe may be made anytime on the spot!
- Deep south taste! Add this scrumptious, flavorful seasoning to grilled shrimp, rooster, fish, or perhaps a shrimp boil. The wealthy spicy taste can also be nice on veggies.
Spices for Cajun Seasoning
Savory – Paprika is the bottom of this seasoning together with onion and garlic powder, oregano, thyme, and salt.
Spicy – A little bit of cayenne offers this seasoning mix some kick! Make it further spicy by including a pinch (or two or three!) of purple pepper flakes, if desired. Stir in some smoked paprika when you’d like for a deep, earthy, taste!
Variations – To vary it up, some brown sugar will make Cajun seasoning a bit bit candy and assist the opposite seasonings cling to the meals because it melts.
Tips on how to Make Cajun Seasoning
Double up on this do-it-yourself cajun seasoning recipe, it’s excellent with proteins from shrimp to pork!
- Whisk the entire elements (per recipe under) in a bowl and switch to a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake effectively. Label with the date and retailer within the pantry for as much as 6 months.
Retaining it Contemporary
Cajun spice may be saved for as much as 6 months. If you happen to preserve it longer it would nonetheless be nice however the taste could mellow over time.
To maintain it tasting its finest, retailer the Cajun seasoning in an air tight container. When you’ve got one, add a small desiccant packet to stop moisture and clumping.
Did you make this do-it-yourself Cajun Seasoning? Make sure you go away a ranking and a remark under!
Do-it-yourself Cajun Seasoning
Cajun seasoning is a flavorful mix of spices used so as to add a zesty and barely spicy style to dishes.
Retailer Cajun spice in a sealed container for as much as 6 months.
Energy: 16 | Carbohydrates: 3g | Sodium: 1751mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 1170IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.