Cheeseburger dip is the very best occasion dip! It tastes identical to a melty cheeseburger with all of the fixings and loads of ooey-gooey cheese. This dip recipe is SO creamy and straightforward to make for Recreation Day and events.
The Greatest Melty Cheeseburger Dip
Burger fanatics, or simply normal meat lovers, are you searching for the proper occasion meals or recreation day snack? You’ve discovered it. Cheeseburger dip is every thing we love a couple of basic cheeseburger (or, say, cheeseburger sliders) wrapped up in a creamy, beefy, ooey-gooey occasion dip. It’s fast to make and even faster to devour with chips and dippables.
To take issues excessive, I drizzle my cheeseburger dip with my very personal (tremendous straightforward) home made burger sauce. However not earlier than layering on all of our favourite cheeseburger toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and even dill pickles!
Why You’ll Love This Cheeseburger Dip Recipe
- Cheeseburger vibes. Plenty of ‘em! Seasoned floor beef, melty cheese, and all of your favourite cheeseburger toppings come collectively in a single straightforward dip recipe. I even included my fast recipe for the very best burger sauce.
- (Virtually) one skillet. This cheeseburger dip is one in every of my favourite causes to crack out my forged iron skillet. After browning the bottom meat, every thing comes collectively in a single pan.
- Melty, gooey cheese. It doesn’t get significantly better. We’re layering not one however THREE sorts of cheese on this recipe. That is the creamiest dip ever. Completely addictive.
- Good for events. Occasion friends go bananas for this cheeseburger dip. I’ve made it numerous instances for thus many Soccer Sundays and recreation day potlucks and it’s normally gone earlier than they sing the nationwide anthem.
Cheeseburger Dip Components
Beneath is a fast overview of the elements you’ll have to make this tacky dip. Make sure you scroll to the recipe card for the complete ingredient checklist, quantities, and recipe particulars.
- Floor Beef: I wish to make this recipe with lean floor beef in order that the dip doesn’t come out overly greasy (between the meat and all that cheese!).
- Dry Onion Soup Combine: It’s so retro and I adore it. Who else grew up in a family that discovered limitless makes use of for dry onion soup combine? As a result of, identical. Onion soup combine is a fast option to season the bottom beef with wealthy, scrumptious taste. For those who don’t have an onion soup combine useful, substitute onion powder or garlic powder as an alternative.
- Cream Cheese: This cheeseburger dip is just about a cream cheese dip dressed up like a juicy burger. So, you’ll want common cream cheese, softened to room temperature in order that it’s straightforward to unfold.
- Extra Cheese: In fact, we’re including American cheese slices to double down on that genuine cheeseburger taste. Plus, a layer of grated Colby Jack cheese so the highest will get good and melted. Common grated cheddar cheese additionally works as an alternative to each the American cheese and Colby Jack on this recipe.
- Toppings: What’s a cheeseburger with out all of the basic toppings? After baking, I garnish my dip with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, crimson onion, and diced dill pickles. For those who’d wish to make this a bacon cheeseburger dip, go forward and sprinkle on cooked smoky bacon.
- Dippers: This can be a thick, hearty cheese dip, so that you’ll wish to serve it with sturdy chips, equivalent to kettle chips, tortilla chips, or pita chips. Thick crusty bread slices work, too.
For the Sauce
- Mayonnaise, Mustard, and Ketchup: Whether or not you name it burger sauce, particular sauce, or in any other case, the inspiration of this basic sauce is mainly all your burger condiments, blended collectively.
- Garlic Powder and Onion Powder: Just remember to’re utilizing dried powdered onions and garlic, and not onion salt and garlic salt.
- Pickle Juice: My secret weapon for the BEST burger sauce is a splash of pickle juice straight from the jar. It provides all the fitting notes: brininess, tanginess, acidity. So good! For those who dislike pickles (why?!), I suppose you’ll be able to skip it.
Easy methods to Make Cheeseburger Dip
Who’s able to get down and dipping? This cheeseburger dip takes a little bit of prep on the range, after which all it takes is a fast bake to get it good and melted. Let’s go:
- Cook dinner the meat. Get your skillet warmed up on the stovetop and saute the bottom beef, breaking it up as you go. Don’t neglect to empty any extra fats from the pan – you don’t need the additional grease ending up within the dip.
- Season with onion soup combine. Subsequent, stir within the dry onion soup combine together with a few tablespoons of water. Let that cook dinner off for a minute or two, then set the meat apart for now.
Assemble the dip. In a 10-inch forged iron skillet, unfold a beneficiant layer of cream cheese, then prime this with slices of American cheese. High this cheese layer with floor beef, and, lastly, sprinkle in your grated Colby Jack.
- Bake. Pop the dip right into a preheated oven at 375ºF for 15-20 minutes, till the cheese is bubbly and totally melted. Whereas the dip is baking away, whisk collectively the burger sauce elements.
- Garnish and serve. Lastly, take your dip out of the oven and layer in your lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, and bacon (if utilizing). Have your chips on standby whilst you give the entire thing a drizzle of burger sauce, after which dig in!
Suggestions for Success
Listed here are my last suggestions for the very best skillet cheeseburger dip:
- Use freshly grated Colby Jack or cheddar. Pre-shredded cheeses (like the type that is available in luggage) are handled with anticaking brokers that give them a waxy coating, they usually received’t soften as easily.
- Cube the tomatoes and toppings up finely. This fashion they’ll be simpler to scoop up with the dip.
- Make an enormous batch. Talking from expertise, this dip flies from the skillet the second it hits the desk. For those who’re planning for a bigger gathering, I extremely advocate doubling or tripling the recipe. Use the 2X and 3X scaling choices obtainable within the recipe card to replace the ingredient quantities for a bigger batch.
- For those who don’t have an oven-safe skillet, layer your dip in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Even a steel pan will work in a pinch.
Can I Make Cheeseburger Dip within the Gradual Cooker?
Sure! You’ll be able to simply adapt this cheeseburger dip recipe for the sluggish cooker or crock pot. That is particularly useful when you’re making an enormous batch for lots of people. Right here’s do it:
Brown the meat and season it with onion soup combine as directed. Afterward, switch the meat to the bowl of your sluggish cooker and add the cheese. Cowl and cook dinner on excessive for 1½-2 hours or on low for 3-4 hours. When the cheese is melted and bubbly, add your toppings, drizzle with burger sauce, and dig in. You’ll be able to serve the dip straight from the sluggish cooker on the “hold heat” setting.
Can I Make This Recipe Forward?
Sure, you may make this dip just a few hours prematurely, cowl it, and refrigerate it. Merely take away the quilt and heat it up within the oven once more when firm arrives. Depart off the toppings like lettuce and tomatoes, and many others. till you’re able to serve.
For those who’d like to arrange and freeze this dip prematurely, I like to recommend assembling it in an oven- and freezer-safe dish quite than a forged iron skillet. Bake as directed and permit the dip to chill utterly (go away off the toppings), wrap it properly, and hold it frozen for as much as 1 month. Defrost the dip within the fridge after which reheat it within the oven at 350ºF till sizzling all through earlier than including the toppings.
There are many methods to adapt this dip recipe whereas retaining the flavors true to their cheeseburger roots. Strive these concepts:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip: As talked about, you’ll be able to flip this right into a bacon cheeseburger dip by sprinkling over cooked, diced bacon. Or, cook dinner the diced bacon within the skillet concurrently the bottom beef for much more taste.
- Lean Meat: For a barely leaner and more healthy various to floor beef, swap it for floor turkey or floor hen as an alternative.
- Extra Toppings: You’ll be able to garnish this dip nonetheless you’d garnish your cheeseburger. Strive extra add-ons like crispy fried onions, diced inexperienced chilies, bitter cream, or perhaps a drizzle of BBQ sauce or sizzling sauce.
- Totally different Cheese: Spice issues up with grated Pepper Jack cheese, or swap out American cheese for one more melty selection, like Velveeta or provolone.
Methods to Serve Cheeseburger Dip
So far as what you’ll dip in your cheeseburger dip, that’s completely as much as you! I like to recommend serving this dip heat with sturdy dippers like tortilla chips or pita chips. Different good choices are kettle chips (they’re somewhat sturdier than common potato chips), seasoned crackers, or veggies and crudités for a lighter possibility. Listed here are extra serving strategies:
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
- Fridge: We by no means have leftovers of this cheeseburger dip, it’s that scrumptious! For those who do occur to have dip left over, be sure that to retailer it in an hermetic container and hold it refrigerated. Do your finest to retailer the dip with out the toppings. It’s good for as much as 4-5 days within the fridge.
- Reheat: When reheating, switch the dip to a skillet on the stovetop or reheat it in an oven-safe dish. Every part will combine collectively, however that’s OK. Alternatively, zap the dip within the microwave for a minute or two till it’s warmed by.
- Freeze: Leftover cheeseburger dip isn’t the very best for freezing as soon as the toppings are added. For those who’d like to arrange and freeze the dip forward of time, see the part above for particulars.
Extra Straightforward Occasion Dip Recipes
This skillet cheeseburger dip recipe is the very best occasion dip! It tastes identical to a melty cheeseburger loaded with all of the fixings, topped with home made burger sauce.
- 1 pound lean floor beef
- 1 (1-ounce) package deal of dry onion soup combine
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces sliced American cheese
- 1 cup grated colby jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced crimson onion
- 1/4 cup diced dill pickles
- Optionally available – 1/2 cup diced cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice (from the jar)
- Kettle chips, tortilla chips, or pita chips to serve. Sturdy chips work finest.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a medium skillet on medium-high warmth, cook dinner the bottom beef till not pink, breaking the meat into small crumbles. Drain extra fats from the pan.
- Add within the dry onion soup combine and three tablespoons of water. Stir to mix and cook dinner till no extra liquid stays. Take away the pan from the warmth and put aside.
- Unfold the cream cheese evenly into the underside of a 10-inch forged iron, or oven-safe skillet.
- High the cream cheese evenly with the American cheese slices after which unfold the meat on prime of the American cheese. Sprinkle the grated Colby Jack cheese on prime of the meat.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or till bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Make the sauce: Whereas the dip is cooking, make the sauce by mixing collectively the mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, garlic powder, onion powder, and pickle juice till easy.
- When the dip is completed, take away the skillet from the oven and garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, crimson onion, pickles, and bacon.
- Drizzle with the ready sauce and serve instantly.
- Greatest served heat with sturdy chips.
Key phrases: cheeseburger dip, cheese dip recipes, hamburger cheese dip, occasion dip recipes
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
PIN for later: