Think about this: you learn this recipe, you leap up as a result of you recognize you have got all the elements in your well-stocked pantry, and in mere minutes the candy fall scent of maple syrup is perfuming your home.
You guys instructed me on Fb just lately how a lot you like maple and I took that very critically. There’s simply one thing about chocolate and maple. It’s such an underrated taste mixture! Right here darkish chocolate whoopie pies are sandwiched with maple buttercream made with actual maple syrup. I used my Crown Maple Syrup for this, as I’m fully smitten and might’t get sufficient. If you wish to pack a little bit further maple punch, add a touch of maple extract too.
I went by way of a serious Whoopie Pie part earlier than I began The Rose Desk. I used to make them on a regular basis! Sadly it’s been years since I baked whoopie pies and all of the sudden bought the most important yearning for them. These handheld little desserts are the proper factor to make for recreation evening or a lunchbox deal with.
I bought about 26 or 28 Whoopie Pies out of this recipe however you could possibly make them smaller if you happen to favor.
Chocolate Maple Whoopie Pies
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup darkish cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp (half stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 Tbsp vegetable shortening
1 cup packed darkish brown sugar
1 giant egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup milk
Maple buttercream, recipe follows
- Preheat oven to 375 levels. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk collectively flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter, shortening, and brown sugar on low velocity till mixed. Enhance velocity to medium and beat till fluffy. Scrape down the edges and beat within the egg and vanilla.
- Add half the cocoa combination and half the milk to the batter and blend on low till integrated. Scrape down the edges, then add the remaining cocoa combination and milk.
- Drop a tablespoon of batter onto cooking sheets, spacing them 2″ aside. Be sure you have a good quantity! Bake for 8-10 minutes or till the tops gently spring again when touched. Cool for 5 minutes on the sheet, then switch to a cooling rack.
- When fully cool, unfold the underside with Maple Buttercream, then high with a second piece to create a Whoopie Pie. Repeat till all are sandwiched.
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1/8-1/4 tsp maple extract (optionally available)
- Beat butter with a hand mixer in a medium sized bowl till creamy. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time till integrated. Combine within the milk, maple syrup, and maple extract.