Corn cob quarters are deliciously spiced and baked to a crispy, juicy, golden end to create these addictive corn ribs. The deliciously creamy, barely spicy dip places them excessive!
Why You’ll Love These Extremely-Flavorful Corn Ribs:
For those who’re a fan of recent corn, put together to be amazed. Seems, recent corn on the cob is the following neatest thing to…corn ribs? That’s proper! Right here’s why you’ll love them:
- Daring Taste: These tantalizing snacks are loaded with taste, because of the seasoning baked into each kernel. Then we serve them with a creamy and spicy dipping sauce made with zesty lime juice and sriracha.
- Chewy Texture: Like actual ribs, corn ribs have an excellent chewy texture, making them good as a snack, appetizer or a singular facet dish.
- Enjoyable and Inventive: Whether or not you’re a vegan, vegetarian, or just a fan of nice meals, these are certain to impress! You will get as artistic as you need with the seasonings to create a number of totally different flavors.
- Excellent for Barbecues. Elevate your subsequent barbecue or sizzling canine roast with this fashionable new favourite!
Who Began the Corn Ribs Pattern?
We’ll most likely by no means know who first got here up with this concept, however most sources level to Max Ng of the restaurant Momofuku Ssäm Bar because the creator of corn ribs as we all know them. Foodies and cooks worldwide shortly caught on, and shortly corn rib recipes have been displaying up throughout social media. Nevertheless it began, it appears like this tasty dish is right here to remain!
The Substances You’ll Want
To make your individual batch of corn ribs, you’ll solely want a number of easy substances:
For the Corn Ribs
- Corn: Contemporary corn on the cob.
- Olive Oil: Avocado oil would even be good.
- Lime Juice: Or lemon juice.
- Seasonings: Paprika, garlic powder, and salt.
For the Dipping Sauce
- Mayonnaise: You should utilize your favourite mayonnaise – common, keto, olive oil, and so on.
- Sriracha: For a garlicky, spicy twist.
- Lime Juice: Once more, lemon juice makes a very good substitute.
- Sugar: Or honey, or agave syrup.
- Contemporary Parmesan: Freshly shredded or grated.
- Chives: I additionally like these corn ribs topped with some finely minced recent cilantro.
Find out how to Make Corn Ribs
Creating corn ribs is a simple course of that anybody can grasp. Observe these steps, and also you’ll be chowing down very quickly!
- Prep the Corn Cobs. After you preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment, reduce the corn cobs in half lengthwise, after which in half once more, to make lengthy skinny quarters. Line them up on the baking sheet.
- Season. Subsequent, whisk collectively the olive oil, lime juice, and seasonings. Brush this everywhere in the corn.
- Bake. Bake for 25 minutes, till the ribs are crispy.
- Make the Sauce. Whereas corn ribs are baking, whisk collectively all sauce substances and place within the fridge to let the flavors meld.
- Take pleasure in! Serve the corn ribs topped with parmesan and chives, and the dipping sauce on the facet.
Can You Eat The Entire Corn Rib?
Much like consuming corn on the cob, you eat simply the kernels of those tasty corn ribs. The cob is just too robust and inedible to eat, though it can save you corn cobs for different functions, like including to your stockpot or utilizing in your smoker!
Along with the fundamental recipe, you’ll want to skim via the next useful ideas for making the most effective chewy, flavorful corn ribs. Glad cooking!
- Seasoning: Experiment with totally different seasonings to customise the flavour of your dinner. Pre-mixed seasonings like Cajun seasoning, Montreal Hen seasoning, and different seasoning blends can be nice right here! I’ve additionally been identified to sprinkle them with tajin.
- Baking Time: Regulate the cooking time to attain your required degree of crispiness. A shorter baking time will yield extra tender, juicy corn, whereas an extended baking time will dry the corn out and make it chewier.
- Grilling Possibility: For added smokiness, strive grilling as an alternative of baking. You are able to do this in your outside grill, and even on a grill pan.
Tasty Serving Strategies
Whereas corn ribs are delicious on their very own, as a snack, or appetizer, you may as well serve them as half of a bigger meal. Listed here are only a few recipes for inspiration:
- Grilled Hen: Throw a few of these Juicy Grilled Hen Kabobs in your grill, and serve them up with corn for a super-satisfying warm-weather meal.
- Sizzling Canines: Sizzling canine are one other summery favourite. Not feeling the grill? Strive making Air Fryer Sizzling Canines as an alternative. They’re even simpler, and simply as tasty.
- Pulled Pork: These lusciously saucy BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders go superbly with corn!
Storing and Reheating
You probably have any leftover corn ribs, you may retailer them in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as three days. To reheat, simply throw them again into the oven at 350°F till warmed and crispy.
Do Corn Ribs Freeze Nicely?
It must be doable to freeze these efficiently (relying on how lengthy you prepare dinner the corn and the way dry it’s, you could have kind of success). Freeze corn ribs as you’d grilled or roasted corn, in an hermetic container or freezer bag, for as much as three months.
Extra Straightforward Corn Recipes
Who’s prepared for Corn Ribs? Corn cob quarters are deliciously spiced and baked to a crispy, juicy, golden end. The deliciously creamy, barely spicy dip places them excessive!
- 3 recent corn cobs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
Lower corn cobs in half lengthwise, then in half once more to have quarters. Line the quartered corn cobs onto the ready baking sheet, ensuring they aren’t touching.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk to mix the olive oil, lime juice, paprika, garlic powder and salt. Whisk collectively to mix, then brush generously onto the cobs.
Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven on the middle rack and bake for 25 minutes, till crispy.
Sauce: Whereas corn ribs are baking, whisk collectively all sauce substances till clean. Place into the fridge to let the flavors meld collectively whereas the corn cobs are baking.
As soon as baked, take away corn ribs from the oven and high with parmesan and chives. Serve instantly with the sauce.
Reheat: To reheat, simply throw them again into the oven at 350°F till warmed and crispy.
Seasoning: Experiment with totally different seasonings to customise the flavour of your dinner. Pre-mixed seasonings like Cajun seasoning, Montreal Hen seasoning, and different seasoning blends can be nice right here! I’ve additionally been identified to sprinkle them with tajin.
Baking Time: Regulate the cooking time to attain your required degree of crispiness. A shorter baking time will yield extra tender, juicy corn, whereas an extended baking time will dry the corn out and make it chewier.
Grilling Possibility: For added smokiness, strive grilling as an alternative of baking. You are able to do this in your outside grill, and even on a grill pan.
Energy: 195kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 0.3g, Fats: 21g, Saturated Fats: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 7g, Monounsaturated Fats: 10g, Trans Fats: 0.03g, Ldl cholesterol: 6mg, Sodium: 539mg, Potassium: 24mg, Fiber: 0.2g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 203IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 3mg, Iron: 0.2mg
This publish could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.