Crock Pot Hen and Potatoes, is a one-pot marvel that’s as simple as it’s scrumptious.
Tender hen, potatoes, and carrots are merely seasoned and cooked till tender. Residence-cooked consolation on a plate.
Price range-friendly and hearty, this recipe is a go-to for these family-sized hen packs on sale.
Elements for Crockpot Hen & Potatoes
This recipe is adaptable to no matter you might have available. Substitute poultry seasoning or different herbs for the Italian seasoning referred to as for within the recipe.
- Hen: Select bone-in hen thighs for this recipe as they’ve extra taste and gained’t dry out.
- Greens: Child potatoes are an excellent alternative as a result of they don’t require peeling and the pores and skin retains them from getting mushy. Contemporary carrots or child carrots and diced onions spherical out the meal.
- Seasonings: Italian seasoning is a favourite, however any hen seasoning you like will work on this recipe.
- Different Elements: Melted butter, hen inventory or hen broth add sufficient liquid to assist all the pieces cook dinner evenly.
Learn how to Make CrockPot Hen and Potatoes
- Warmth oil in a pan. Season the hen and brown the pores and skin per the recipe under.
- Within the backside of the gradual cooker, add the potatoes, carrots, onions, butter, and seasonings.
- High with hen & cook dinner on excessive for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours till hen is cooked by and the potatoes are tender.
- The pores and skin on the hen is not going to crisp within the gradual cooker, I broil it earlier than serving.
- Hen breasts can dry out on this recipe, if swapping hen breasts, they’ll probably want much less cooking time.
- The juices may be made into an simple gravy with flour or cornstarch in case you’d like.
Did your loved ones love this Crockpot Hen and Potatoes recipe? Go away a ranking and a remark under!
CrockPot Hen and Potatoes
CrockPot Hen and Potatoes provides the proper mixture of flavorful hen and hearty veggies for an entire one-pot meal.
Warmth olive oil in a big pan over medium warmth. Season hen with salt & pepper to style. Add hen, skin-side down, and brown for 3-5 minutes.
Mix potatoes, carrots, onions, melted butter, Italian seasoning, and salt & pepper.
Add potato combination to the underside of a 6-quart gradual cooker. High with the rosemary sprigs and hen thighs. Pour in hen inventory.
Place the lid on the gradual cooker and cook dinner on excessive for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours or simply till the hen reaches an inner temperature of 165°F and the greens are tender.
To make a gravy/sauce (optionally available): In a medium saucepan, mix ¼ cup butter and ¼ cup flour over medium warmth. Cook dinner the flour for 3 to 4 minutes or till the butter begins to calmly brown. Place the drippings in a measuring cup and add sufficient liquid to make 1 1/2 cups. Slowly add the liquid into the flour combination a bit bit at a time, whisking till clean after every addition. Boil 1 minute and season with salt and pepper to style.
Hold leftovers in a lined container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
Energy: 454 | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 26g | Fats: 31g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Ldl cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 736mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2884IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.