Easy meets satisfying on this simple crockpot hen meal!
Crock pot hen and rice is a full meal with tender hen, vibrant veggies, and seasoned rice.
Each hearty and wholesome, it’s a household favourite.
An Simple Crock Pot Hen Meal
- This fast and simple crockpot hen and rice recipe is an ideal weeknight dinner.
- With only a few easy steps, it’s each wholesome and hearty.
- This dish is a dietary powerhouse, combining lean hen, healthful brown rice, and vibrant veggies for a balanced dinner.
- The Crockpot does the work making this a no-fuss favourite.
- Leftovers make satisfying lunches or dinners
- This recipe works nice for utilizing up leftover veggies, too! Serve with a easy tossed salad and a few home made dinner rolls.
Components for Crockpot Hen & Rice
Hen – Hen: Select boneless, skinless hen breasts or swap to hen thighs (about two thighs per individual).
Greens – Onions, carrots, and peas are our favorites and a bit little bit of roasted pink peppers add further colour and taste. Be at liberty to combine it up with broccoli, sliced mushrooms, beans, or your frozen inexperienced beans or a frozen veggie medley.
Rice – I like to recommend instantaneous brown rice for a fast cooking choice that gained’t get mushy. In case you use instantaneous white rice, scale back the cooking time barely.
Sauce – Skip the cans of cream of hen soup! This sauce is made with contemporary components like hen broth, milk, and cheese for a home made taste and creamy texture.
Find out how to Make Crockpot Hen & Rice
- Add the greens (besides the peas), broth, Italian seasoning, and hen to the Crockpot.
- Stir within the peas and instantaneous rice and prepare dinner till the rice is fluffy.
- Add sliced hen, milk, and cheese and prepare dinner till the cheese is melted, as per the recipe beneath. Season with extra salt & pepper to style.
- Prep Forward: Chop the veggies and measure the components a few days forward for fast morning prep.
- Season: Whereas the recipe contains seasoning, be happy to customise it together with your favourite herbs and spices for a private contact. Attempt a pinch of rosemary, thyme, or perhaps a sprint of scorching sauce.
- Hen Temp: Use a meat thermometer to make sure the hen reaches 165°F.
- Don’t Peek: Keep away from lifting the lid of the Crockpot too incessantly; every time you do, it releases warmth and extends the cooking time.
- Cheese on Prime: In case you love cheese, add a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese simply earlier than serving.
- Maintain leftover Crockpot hen and rice casserole in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days.
- Reheat parts of this hen recipe on the stovetop with a bit milk to make it creamy once more.
- Freeze parts for as much as 4 weeks.
Crockpot Hen and Rice
This Crockpot Hen and Rice is simple, tacky and a household favourite! It’s filled with taste and so fast to organize, making it the proper recipe for busy weeknights.
In a 4-quart crockpot, stir collectively the broth, carrots, onion, pink peppers, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Add hen breasts, cowl, and prepare dinner on excessive for two hours or low for 4 hours.
When hen is cooked, take away and place on a reducing board.
Stir within the peas and rice, cowl, and prepare dinner on excessive for quarter-hour.
When hen is cool sufficient to deal with, slice thinly.
After quarter-hour, stir the hen, milk, and cheese into the crockpot. Cowl and prepare dinner on excessive for 15 extra minutes, till cheese is melted and rice is tender.
Retailer leftovers in a lined container within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days.
Energy: 307 | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 20g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Ldl cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 870mg | Potassium: 396mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3930IU | Vitamin C: 21.7mg | Calcium: 242mg | Iron: 2.9mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.