Burrito Casserole is a tasty and comforting Mexican meal! Savor the hearty flavors of taco-seasoned floor beef and refried beans in flour tortillas smothered with a creamy mix of bitter cream and cream of mushroom soup, and topped with cheese. Baked to perfection within the oven, this dish combines burritos with casserole comfort.
This publish accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Burrito Casserole the Excellent Tex-Mex Casserole for the Entire Household
Feeding your loved ones doesn’t should be a problem or costly. The following time you want a whole lot of meals with out blowing your finances, do that straightforward Burrito Casserole recipe. It combines the whole lot you already love about beef and bean burritos with the comfort of a casserole.
While you serve a casserole that’s full of savory beef, completely spiced beans, and gooey cheese smothered in a cream sauce, you’ll get nothing however compliments.
Why You Ought to Strive This Recipe
Moreover being straightforward and low-cost to make, it’s easy to vary the filling of the burritos to fit your style or no matter substances you have got readily available. Try the “Recipe Variations” part beneath for a number of options, or publish your individual within the feedback.
This creamy Burrito Casserole will win you followers at any potluck or block social gathering, and it freezes fantastically, so you’ll all the time have one thing scrumptious in the home!
Baked Burrito Casserole Elements
For this floor beef burrito casserole, you’ll want:
- Floor beef – Lean floor beef is a good alternative
- Yellow onion
- Taco seasoning
- Flour tortillas
- Refried beans, canned
- Condensed cream of mushroom soup. canned
- Bitter cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican mix cheese
- Inexperienced onions (optionally available)
- Tomato (optionally available)
- Picante sauce (optionally available)
Easy methods to Make This Simple Burrito Casserole Recipe
To organize the filling for the burritos:
- Cube the yellow onions into small items. Maintain it for later.
- Warmth a big skillet over medium-high warmth. When sizzling, begin browning the bottom beef. Add the diced yellow onions to the skillet as soon as the meat has launched some fats and juice.
- Whereas stirring sometimes, prepare dinner the onions till they’re translucent.
- Add the taco seasoning to the browned beef and end cooking in keeping with the taco seasoning bundle’s directions.
- Stir the refried beans into the bottom beef combination and warmth by.
To make the creamy burrito casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the condensed cream of mushroom soup and a half cup of bitter cream. Unfold the combination on the underside of a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
- Make sufficient burritos utilizing the flour tortillas and the bottom beef filling to cowl the underside of the casserole dish.
- Unfold the remaining bitter cream over the burritos and canopy with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake Burrito Casserole uncovered for 20 to half-hour.
- Use a big serving spoon to plate the casserole. Serve with bowls of chopped inexperienced onions, diced tomatoes, and Picante sauce on the facet.
Try these variations, and in the event you create a brand new one, publish it beneath within the feedback, so everybody can strive it:
- Rooster Burrito Casserole. Swap out floor beef for an equal quantity of hen. Use can use diced hen or shredded rotisserie hen. Exchange the refried beans with a can of inexperienced chilies, and add minced sizzling peppers to style.
- Bean Burrito Casserole. Stuff the burritos with Frijoles a la Charra.
- Beef and Bean Burrito Casserole. Omit the refried beans and substitute them together with your favourite canned beans.
- Enchilada Casserole. Use corn tortillas and enchilada sauce.
- Vegetarian Burrito Casserole. Simmer canned black beans, candy corn kernels, pepper strips, onions, and a can of RO-TEL with taco seasoning. Use the combination as a filling for the burritos.
What to Serve With It
Why not maintain the Tex-Mex theme going together with your sides? These dishes go nice with a baked Burrito Casserole:
Easy methods to Retailer the Leftovers
Permit the additional casserole to chill to room temperature earlier than masking it with plastic wrap and placing it within the fridge for as much as three days. Or switch it to an hermetic container.
You can even wrap your entire casserole dish in plastic and aluminum foil and freeze it for as much as a month.
What Is the Finest Technique to Reheat
Reheating within the oven works the very best:
- Thaw the frozen burrito casserole within the fridge in a single day.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take away any plastic wrap from the casserole and canopy with aluminum foil.
- Bake the casserole for 20 to half-hour. Make sure the filling of the burritos reaches a minimum of 165°F earlier than serving. Don’t refreeze leftovers.
Favourite Casserole Dinner Recipes
Well-liked Mexican Casserole Recipes
This burrito casserole is ideal for whenever you need a straightforward Mexican casserole for the entire household.
- 1 pound floor beef
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 bundle taco seasoning
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces bitter cream divided use
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped inexperienced onion optionally available
- chopped tomatoes optionally available
- picante sauce optionally available
Brown the bottom beef and onions in massive skillet over medium-high warmth; drain. Add the taco seasoning as directed on the seasoning bundle. Then combine within the refried beans.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Combine the cream of mushroom soup with 4 ounces of bitter cream. Unfold sufficient of the bitter cream combination to cowl the underside of a casserole dish.
Place a scoop of meat on every tortilla, wrap like a burrito, and place seam-side down within the casserole dish. High with the remaining bitter cream and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Bake, uncovered, within the preheated oven for 20 to half-hour. Garnish with chopped inexperienced onions, chopped tomatoes, the remaining bitter cream, and Picante sauce if desired.
Energy: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 23g | Fats: 29g | Saturated Fats: 14g | Ldl cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 1296mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 895IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 299mg | Iron: 3.4mg