This selfmade garlic yogurt sauce is creamy, tangy, and SO simple to make! Stir it collectively in minutes to jazz up wraps, roasted greens, and extra.
This garlic yogurt sauce is the only sauce you’ll ever make. In reality, it’s so easy that I questioned if I ought to even share it. Does a 5-ingredient, 5-minute recipe actually deserve its personal weblog put up?
However right here’s the factor: I’ve been making this garlic yogurt sauce for years. It’s the proper “emergency sauce.” Whenever you’re placing collectively a meal—tacos, wraps, quinoa bowls—and also you notice you want one thing creamy and tangy to drizzle on high, this garlic yogurt sauce is there for you. You all the time have the substances in your pantry. You may make it in minutes (no meals processor or blender required!).
So I hope you take pleasure in this recipe—a creamy sauce which you can stir collectively in a snap. It’s tremendous easy, and that’s a great factor.
Garlic Yogurt Sauce Recipe Components
You want 5 substances to make this recipe:
- Plain Greek yogurt – Full-fat yogurt offers this recipe the very best creamy texture and richest taste. I like to recommend utilizing it, however be happy to sub nonfat or low-fat Greek plain yogurt when you choose!
- Further-virgin olive oil – It thins the yogurt and provides fruity depth of taste.
- Recent lemon juice – It makes the sauce shiny and tangy.
- Garlic – It provides savory chunk.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
Add these substances to a medium bowl, and stir to mix. I typically add 1 tablespoon water to skinny the sauce barely, however you might want so as to add extra (or none in any respect) relying on the consistency of your yogurt. Season to style, and revel in!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements under.
- Add recent herbs. Stir 2 tablespoons of chopped leafy herbs into this sauce for a refreshing kick. Recent dill, cilantro, parsley, basil, and mint would all be beautiful right here.
- Use roasted garlic. For a mellower garlic taste, swap out the recent garlic for mashed roasted garlic. Begin with 1 clove and add extra to style!
- Give it a stronger garlic taste by including 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Change the citrus. Use lime juice as an alternative of lemon for a unique taste profile. I really like this variation on tacos. In the event you like, add somewhat lime zest for a stronger lime taste.
Find out how to Use Garlic Yogurt Sauce
This garlic yogurt sauce goes properly on nearly any dish! It pairs particularly properly with Center Jap-inspired fare like this falafel or these chickpea shawarma wraps, because it’s paying homage to most of the yogurt sauces in that delicacies.
Listed here are a couple of different methods to make use of it:
Retailer leftover sauce in an hermetic container within the fridge. It retains properly for as much as 5 days. I wish to make it on the weekend in order that I’ve it readily available to jazz up meals all week!
Extra Favourite Sauce Recipes
In the event you love this yogurt garlic sauce, attempt one in all these simple sauce recipes subsequent:
Garlic Yogurt Sauce
Forestall your display from going darkish
In a medium bowl, stir collectively the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt.
Stir within the water. If the sauce is simply too thick, add extra water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to skinny it to your required consistency. Season to style.
Retailer the sauce for as much as 5 days in an hermetic container within the fridge.