This web site could comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure coverage.
This wonderful Korean Beef Bulgogi is simpler than you assume and doesn’t want any fancy substances. It’s a fast dinner that creates probably the most melt-in-your-mouth, flavorful beef! Excellent for busy households, it’s prepared in 45 minutes with solely 10 minutes of precise prep and prepare dinner time.
We now have a whole lot of beef recipes on the weblog that make for unbelievable dinner choices. Take a look at Thai Basil Beef, Gradual Cooker Korean Beef, One Pot Beef Stroganoff, Garlic Herb Butter Tenderloin.
Korean Beef Bulgogi
In case you are trying to change issues up for dinner with a recipe that’s simpler than it sounds, this Korean Beef Bulgogi is the best way to go! This Korean BBQ beef options strips of flank steak marinated to tender perfection in a candy and savory sauce. Everybody in your loved ones might be raving about it!
This recipe is Choosy Eater Authorized!
Once I needed to make this at dwelling, I anticipated an extended, difficult recipe with tons of substances which might be onerous to seek out. As a result of properly, the flavors are so advanced and the meat is so insanely tender. However the excellent news is, this Korean beef bulgogi makes use of a whole lot of easy substances, most of which you’ll have in your pantry!
Bulgogi Marinade Substances
All of it begins with the marinade. Plenty of recipes ask you to marinate in a single day however in case you are utilizing beef, half-hour is sufficient in my view. (That is what makes this bulgogi recipe so fast and straightforward!)
- Minced Pear: A staple in Korean cooking, pear is a good meat tenderizer and in addition provides taste and sweetness. Regular pears work high quality, however if you’d like a extra conventional model of this dish, attempt utilizing Asian pears! They’ve a bit of bit crunchier texture, extra much like an apple.
- Minced Garlic: To infuse the meat with tasty savory taste.
- Grated Ginger: Retains the flavour of the bulgogi mild and vivid.
- Soy Sauce: The inspiration of the marinade. Use low-sodium soy sauce if you happen to don’t need issues to be too salty.
- Sesame Oil: Provides a nutty savory taste and retains issues moist.
- Sriracha: For only a contact of warmth. You would additionally sub this out for a bit of little bit of gochujang (Korean chili paste).
- Lime Juice: The acidity helps to make the meat bulgogi further tender!
- Brown Sugar: Provides a bit of sweetness to steadiness out the flavors.
- Seasonings: Onion powder and black pepper to reinforce the general taste of the marinade.
Different Substances Wanted:
- Flank Steak: Thinly sliced in strips which might be about the identical measurement so that they prepare dinner evenly.
- Vegetable Oil: For cooking the meat bulgogi in.
What’s the Greatest Reduce of Beef to Use?
I like utilizing flank steak, minimize into about 1/2 to 1/4 inch-thick slices. Ribeye steaks are one other nice possibility, though they’re on the pricier aspect.
Cooking Korean Beef Bulgogi
You may both prepare dinner this on a grill or on the range. The slices of beef are actually skinny so that they don’t take lengthy in any respect to prepare dinner. (I’m speaking sheer minutes right here!) Ensure that your grill or skillet is tremendous sizzling and you’ve got the whole lot able to go.
- Put together Marinade: In a big bowl, combine collectively the minced pear, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, brown sugar, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Marinate in Fridge: Add the skinny slices of beef to the marinade bowl, cowl and permit it to marinate for no less than half-hour within the fridge.
- Prepare dinner in Skillet: As soon as the meat has marinated, warmth a big skillet over medium excessive warmth. Add the oil and a few of the beef, in a single layer, on the recent skillet. Prepare dinner for about 1-2 minutes on all sides. Take away the cooked beef and set it apart whereas cooking the remainder of the meat.
- Serve: Serve over rice, prime with sesame seeds if desired, and luxuriate in!
Don’t Overcrowd Your Pan!
While you prepare dinner your beef bulgogi, ensure that to not crowd the pan. I prefer to work in small batches! Should you add too many slices of beef directly, they’ll begin steaming and also you gained’t get that pretty caramelization and smoky taste that we’re on the lookout for.
Ideas and Variations
A pair further tricks to make this Korean beef bulgogi much more handy and scrumptious:
- Marinating Time: You may marinate the meat within the fridge longer than half-hour for a richer taste, however for the sake of time and ease I do it simply half an hour.
- Serve With: Korean delicacies is all in regards to the aspect dishes! These are known as ‘banchan’ in Korean. I like serving Korean Beef Bulgogi over steamed rice. Then I like so as to add further veggies for extra coloration and taste. Strive chopped scallions, kimchi, bean sprouts, pickled radish, cucumber slices, or shredded cabbage.
A standard approach to get pleasure from grilled meats in Korea is to wrap them in leafy greens or lettuce. That is known as ‘ssam’ which instantly interprets to ‘wrapped.’ Seize a big piece of lettuce, add a slice or two of bulgogi, some further sauce if you happen to like, and luxuriate in! Bonus factors if you happen to can eat your entire factor in a single chew!
Storing Leftovers and Reheating
Retailer leftover beef bulgogi within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days. I like to recommend reheating it over the range on medium warmth to protect that scrumptious taste and texture!
Pin this now to seek out it later
In a big bowl, combine collectively the minced pear, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, brown sugar, onion powder, and black pepper.
Add the sliced flank steak to the marinade bowl, cowl and permit the meat to marinate for no less than half-hour within the fridge.
As soon as the meat has marinated, warmth a big skillet over medium excessive warmth. Add the oil and a few of the beef, in a single layer, on the recent skillet. Prepare dinner for about 1-2 minutes on all sides. Take away the cooked beef and set it apart whereas cooking the remainder of the meat.
Serve over rice and luxuriate in!
Up to date on February 11, 2024
Energy: 490kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 51gFats: 24gSaturated Fats: 7gPolyunsaturated Fats: 7gMonounsaturated Fats: 8gTrans Fats: 0.1gLdl cholesterol: 136mgSodium: 1258mgPotassium: 896mgFiber: 1gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 12IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 74mgIron: 4mg
Diet info is mechanically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.