Olive Backyard Italian Margarita is a traditional cocktail with a twist! The Olive Backyard’s Italian margarita is ready with top-shelf elements and served on the rocks with a facet of amaretto. Their riff on the traditional margarita cocktail is a enjoyable twist on the traditional margarita. I hope you take pleasure in this Olive Backyard copycat recipe.
This submit accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What makes the Italian model of the margarita so distinctive?
I’m positive you will have tried a whole lot of margarita recipes. The principle distinction on this drink is the addition of amaretto. The Amaretto makes a sweeter cocktail, so if you happen to like your traditional favorites on the sweeter facet, this can be the proper alcoholic drink for you.
Olive Backyard Margaritas
Olive Backyard eating places could also be well-known for his or her American-Italian delicacies, however if you happen to take a look at the menu, there are some fairly distinctive cocktails on it as effectively. Take the Olive Backyard Italian Margarita, for instance.
The chain places an Italian twist on the traditional Margarita with an extra shot of amaretto liqueur. This further fruity, candy and bitter drink isn’t for the lightweights, with its three and a half ounces of booze in each glass.
It additionally has a sugar rim for an additional contact of sweetness as an alternative of the traditional Margarita salt rim.
Olive Backyard additionally has a Watermelon Margarita that’s a fruity twist to a standard margarita.
Not each location serves blended drinks, so if you happen to can’t order the glass at your Olive Backyard, why not attempt making just a few at dwelling?
What’s Within the Olive Backyard Italian Margarita Recipe?
Jose Cuervo Especial Silver
Tequila is produced from the blue agave plant and is without doubt one of the world’s hottest liquors. Utilizing the highest quality tequila is all the time beautiful on the coronary heart and soul of a very good Margarita. There are 5 totally different classes. Blanco tequila is the purest kind as a result of it doesn’t endure any getting older in oak barrels and, due to this fact, has the mildest style. Most bartenders want to make use of this tequila class within the Margarita they make.
Jose Cuervo Especial Silver, typically referred to as Jose Cuervo Blanco tequila, is a well-liked alternative as a result of it’s reasonably priced and broadly out there. However you might use any Blanco tequila at dwelling with out affecting the cocktail’s style.
Triple Sec is an orange-flavored liqueur initially from France. The brilliant citrus taste comes from the peels of candy and bitter oranges and different ‘secret’ elements blended with impartial spirits. The Combier model was the primary Triple Sec, however many manufacturers exist. Though previously drank straight as an after-dinner digestif, Triple Sec immediately is extra generally added to cocktails. The orange taste makes for the proper drink, giving a superb steadiness of citrus flavors.
In the event you don’t have a bottle labeled “Tripe Sec” readily available, you possibly can substitute one other citrusy spirit like Grand Marnier, Cointreau, or Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao,
The Italian affect for this Margarita comes from Amaretto, an almond-flavored liqueur from Italy. There are a lot of blended drinks with Amaretto, nevertheless it’s additionally widespread to serve this Italian liqueur over ice. Many manufacturers produce an honest Amaretto, however Disaronno Amaretto Liqueur might be essentially the most well-known within the US. Olive Backyard serves its Italian Margaritas with a shot of Amaretto on the facet to permit the diner visitor so as to add it. Once you make the cocktail at dwelling, you may as effectively combine it with the remainder of the drink.
Followers of Amaretto drinks might need to attempt just a few, like Amaretto di Saschira or Lazzaroni Amaretto, to search out your favourite.
A greater title for a bitter combine could be a “candy and bitter” combine. It’s easy syrup with lemon and lime juice to steadiness the sweetness. You should buy the bitter combine in virtually any grocery store, however it’s easy to make at dwelling and tastes significantly better than something on the shelf. The recent citrus juices add brightness to this cocktail, excellent on this Olive Backyard margarita.
make the do-it-yourself bitter combine:
- Mix one cup of water with white sugar in a small saucepan.
- Slowly carry to a boil whereas stirring.
- As soon as the sugar combination involves a boil, take away the pan from the warmth and add a half cup of recent lemon juice and an equal quantity of recent lime juice.
- Stir and let it cool.
- Retailer it in a container with a lid within the fridge.
Right here’s a full checklist of what it’s good to make this copycat recipe:
- Jose Cuervo Blanco or any white tequila
- Triple sec orange liqueur
- Orange juice
- Bitter combine
- Amaretto almond liqueur
- White Granulated Sugar
Make Olive Backyard Italian Margarita
Listed below are the easy steps for making this drink:
- Reduce a lime wedge and rim the margarita glass with the lime.
- To rim the glass, dip the moist rim of the glass right into a dish stuffed with sugar.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with tequila, triple sec, orange juice, and bitter combine.
- Shake till blended.
- Pour into the sugar-rimmed margarita glass stuffed with ice cubes.
- Garnish with orange and lime slices or an orange wedge.
- Serve the margarita with the amaretto in a cordial glass.
- Pour the amaretto into the margarita and luxuriate in!
Suggestions for Making an Olive Backyard Italian Margarita
- You bought to maneuver it, transfer it. Give your cocktail shaker quite a lot of shakes. Shaking helps to aerate the drink and produce out the flavors totally. In case you are ever confused about whether or not to shake or stir a cocktail, the rule is that something with recent elements like fruit juice or cream should go into the shaker.
- Select your shaker properly. There are two forms of shakers: Boston and Cobbler. A Boston shaker is healthier at aerating however takes longer to sit back. The additional time within the shaker might trigger drinks to turn into extra watery. Then again, a Cobbler shaker chills cocktails faster however doesn’t incorporate as a lot air into the cocktails. Most bartenders want utilizing a Boston shaker for making Margaritas.
Love Olive Backyard? Attempt these copycat recipes!
Favourite Cocktail Recipes
Olive Backyard Italian Margartia
Olive Backyard Italian Margarita takes a traditional cocktail to a complete new tasty degree! Get the straightforward copycat recipe and discover ways to make the most effective margarita with tequila, triple sec, orange juice, bitter combine, and a facet of amaretto. This scrumptious do-it-yourself margarita on the rocks is nice for any enjoyable event.
- 1 1/2 ounces Jose Cuervo Blanco Tequila you need to use your favourite tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 3 ounces bitter combine
- 1 ounce amaretto that is served alongside the margarita
- sugar for rim
- orange slice
- lime slice
Reduce two lime wedges and rim the margarita glass with one lime slice. Dip the moist margarita glass right into a dish stuffed with sugar. Save the opposite lime wedge for garnish.
Fill a boston shaker with tequila, triple sec, orange juice, bitter combine, and shake. Pour right into a margarita glass filled with ice.
Service with a cordial glass filled with amaretto, it’s beneficial to pour the amaretto contained in the margarita glass earlier than serving.
Energy: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 1g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 57IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg