This web site could include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure coverage.
Crispy on the surface, tender on the within beef strips coated in a tangy orange glaze. This orange beef recipe is the right weeknight dinner and positive to grow to be a brand new household favourite! It could even rival your favourite takeout spot.
I’m positive by now it’s fairly clear that I like recreating Chinese language takeout dishes at residence. You get all these tasty flavors you crave, however from the consolation of your kitchen! Do that dynamite shrimp, lemon rooster, or candy and bitter pork subsequent!
Higher-Than-Takeout Orange Beef Recipe
All of us love orange rooster, however whenever you’re craving one thing extra meaty, orange beef is the way in which to go. That tender flank steak? It soaks up all that tangy taste like no one’s enterprise. The cornstarch coating on the steak? It provides a delicate crispiness that makes every chunk a dream. The textures are severely out of this world. After which the tangy however savory glaze it will get coated with? I can’t say sufficient good issues about this dish.
Now, let’s discuss takeout. You realize that feeling whenever you’re craving some Chinese language flavors and also you’re about to dial up your native takeout joint? Nicely, with this do-it-yourself orange beef, you received’t want to select up the telephone. It’s higher than takeout, I child you not. Plus, you’ve acquired management over the components and the freshness. It’s the right weeknight dinner when time is tight and tummies are growling. Everybody in your loved ones will need seconds!
This recipe is Choosy Eater Authorised!
Substances You’ll Want
Orangey goodness meets tender beef slices. This do-it-yourself orange beef is all about easy cooking with huge flavors. Right here is every part you’ll have to whip it up:
- Flank Steak: A lean minimize of beef that turns into tender and flavorful when cooked. Sliced thinly and coated with cornstarch so it has a crispy, seared texture.
- Cornstarch: For coating the steak in.
- Vegetable Oil: Used for cooking the steak. You may as well use every other cooking oil you favor!
- Rice Wine Vinegar: Provides a tangy and barely candy taste to the orange sauce.
- Soy Sauce: The principle savory ingredient within the sauce.
- Sesame Oil: Provides a scrumptious nutty taste. Don’t skip it!
- Orange Juice: Adjusts the consistency of the sauce and in addition provides vibrant citrus taste.
- Orange Marmalade: Infuses sweetness and a concentrated orange taste, forming the bottom of the orange sauce. It additionally helps give the sauce a thick, shiny texture.
- Brown Sugar: Sweetens the sauce, balancing the tanginess from the orange and vinegar.
- Crimson Pepper Flakes: For some kick. Be at liberty to omit them or add extra to style, no matter you favor!
- Salt and Black Pepper: Our trusty taste boosters! Season to style.
- Sesame Seeds (for garnish): Provides a pleasant crunch and a touch of nutty taste to the orange beef.
Orange Beef Recipe
Able to make a better-than-takeout meal in simply half-hour? Orange beef is the right fast and simple dinner that the entire household will go loopy over.
- Put together Beef: Thinly slice the steak, throughout the grain, in about 2 inch strips. Place the sliced steak right into a bowl with the corn starch. Then toss to coat all of the steak evenly.
- Sauce Combination: In a separate bowl add the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, orange juice, marmalade, brown sugar, pink pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Then whisk to mix.
- Sear: Warmth the oil in a big skillet over medium excessive warmth. Add within the cornstarch coated steak and prepare dinner till the steak is evenly browned on the surface, about 5-8 minutes.
- Mix: Then to the skillet, add the orange sauce combination. Proceed to prepare dinner the steak within the orange sauce, stirring frequently till the sauce has begun to thicken.
- Let Sauce Thicken: As soon as the steaks are totally cooked and your sauce is the specified thickness, about 8-10 minutes. Then take away the skillet from warmth.
- Serve: Serve the orange beef over rice or noodles and luxuriate in!
Ideas and Variations
Use these easy ideas guarantee your orange beef seems completely! It’s been in my household’s dinner rotation fairly typically, my children can by no means get sufficient. I do know you and yours will adore it simply as a lot!
- Reduce Into Skinny Slices: Slice the flank steak thinly, chopping towards the grain. This ensures the meat is tender and simple to chew.
- Modify the Warmth: Relying on how spicy you need your sauce, you possibly can add extra chili flakes or omit them fully.
- Extra Orange Taste: If you’d like your sauce to have extra citrus taste, strive including in some orange zest. You’ll want to style as you go so it doesn’t grow to be overpowering.
- Serve With: I like to recommend serving this orange beef with my simple fried rice, air fryer cream cheese wontons, or egg rolls for an entire meal!
Chinese language meals makes the BEST leftovers. It’s really easy to warmth up the following day with some rice for a fast and simple lunch! Your orange beef shall be simply as tender and flavorful as whenever you first made it.
- Within the Fridge: Retailer beef in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days.
- To Reheat: I wish to reheat my orange beef on the range over medium warmth, stirring ceaselessly till warmed via. You may as well use the microwave, warming in brief intervals, stirring in between each.
Pin this now to seek out it later
Thinly slice the steak, throughout the grain, in about 2 inch strips. Place the sliced steak right into a bowl with the cornstarch. Toss to coat all of the steak evenly.
In a separate bowl add the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, orange juice, marmalade, brown sugar, pink pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Whisk to mix.
Warmth the oil in a big skillet over medium excessive warmth. Add within the cornstarch coated steak and prepare dinner till the steak is evenly browned on the surface, about 5-8 minutes.
To the skillet, add the orange sauce combination. Proceed to prepare dinner the steak within the orange sauce, stirring frequently till the sauce has begun to thicken.
As soon as the steaks are totally cooked and your sauce is the specified thickness, about 8-10 minutes. Take away the skillet from warmth.
Serve the orange beef over rice or noodles and luxuriate in!
Energy: 272kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 14gFats: 3gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 34mgSodium: 867mgPotassium: 286mgFiber: 1gSugar: 40gVitamin A: 219IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 1mg
Diet data is mechanically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.