This Peanut Butter Sheet Cake takes lower than an hour to make from begin to end. It’s topped with a fudgy, candied peanut butter icing that’s out-of-this-world superb! Recipe features a how-to video.
A Peanut Butter Lover’s Dream Cake
Positive, layer truffles are spectacular, however there’s one thing to be stated about basic, from-scratch sheet truffles. Their ease (no leveling, layering, crumb coating), taste (simply nearly as good!), and nostalgic, homey really feel is just unparalleled within the cake world. In the present day’s tender peanut butter sheet cake isn’t any completely different; it’s easy, flavorful, and is embellished and served proper in its baking dish. It’s a basic!
This cake has a balanced peanut butter taste that’s distinguished with out being too overwhelming. My favourite half is the frosting although…it’s like a candied peanut butter fudge topping! It’s tremendous wealthy (so we use simply the correct amount) and pairs fantastically with the feel of the cake.
I feel you’re actually going to like this one, so let’s dive proper in!
What You Want
Listed here are the important thing substances on this peanut butter sheet cake:
- Peanut butter. Do NOT use “pure” peanut butter that separates! Sadly, in lots of peanut butter recipes (like my buckeyes, peanut butter balls, and the frosting on my peanut butter chocolate cake) readers have reported oily failures after they tried to make use of pure peanut butter, so greatest wager is to keep away from it right here. I want to make use of creamy peanut butter, however crunchy could possibly be used as a substitute.
- Butter. I extremely advocate utilizing unsalted butter on this recipe (and most of my others!). I’ve a put up evaluating salted vs. unsalted butter which you can take a look at when you’d like an in-depth rationalization, however basically, unsalted butter permits for higher precision. That is particularly essential when utilizing a salted ingredient like peanut butter
- Buttermilk. When you don’t have buttermilk, you may all the time use my simple buttermilk substitute, however the actual stuff offers you the most effective taste and moisture.
- Brown sugar. Gentle brown sugar provides some depth to the cake that actually enhances the peanut butter taste effectively, like in my peanut butter cookies.
- Baking soda. Make sure that to make use of baking soda and never baking powder–they aren’t the identical factor! If you wish to study extra concerning the variations between the 2, learn my put up on baking powder vs. baking soda.
SAM’S TIP: When making your frosting, you’ll wish to stir CONSTANTLY as soon as the butter melts. When the combination involves a boil, take away it instantly to forestall any burning.
Bear in mind, that is simply an summary of the substances I used and why. For the total recipe please scroll all the way down to the underside of the put up!
The best way to Make It
- Whisk collectively the dry substances and sugars in a big bowl and put aside.
- Carry oil, butter, and water to a boil over medium warmth.
- Take away the pan from the warmth and stir in your peanut butter till it’s melted and easy.
- Pour your peanut butter combination into your dry substances and blend till mixed. Let cool 5-10 minutes.
- Mix buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla, then stir this into your ready batter till simply mixed.
- Pour batter right into a greased pan and bake for 30-32 minutes.
- Measure and sift your sugar, then set it apart.
- Cook dinner buttermilk, butter, peanut butter, and salt over medium-low warmth till the butter melts, then enhance warmth to medium and whisk continuously.
- As soon as the combination boils, take away it from the warmth and whisk within the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Pour the icing over the nice and cozy cake and use an offset spatula to easy.
SAM’S TIP: As soon as your frosting is absolutely ready, you want to work rapidly to get it on the cake. The frosting will solidify considerably, and also you need that to occur on the cake–not within the bowl!
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
Nope! Not except you need it refrigerated, anyway. Merely retailer at room temperature lined or in an hermetic container and luxuriate in inside three days.
Positively! Once I first printed this recipe, I used my peanut butter frosting (with some chocolate added to half the batter for a swirl), in order that’s all the time an choice. My Texas sheet cake frosting, my chocolate fudge frosting, or simply about every other frosting would work effectively, too.
Sure! You’ll wish to wrap it effectively and retailer in an hermetic container for as much as three months.
Baking, adorning, and serving all in the identical pan–the fantastic thing about a sheet cake!
Take pleasure in!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video under! When you do this recipe, make sure to tag me on Instagram, and you may as well discover me on YouTube and Fb
Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
Fudgy Peanut Butter Frosting
Stop your display from going darkish
Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and flippantly grease a 13×9 baking pan. Put aside.
In a big bowl,whisk collectively flour,sugars,baking soda,and salt.
2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour,1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar,¾ cups (150 g) gentle brown sugar,¾ teaspoon baking soda,¾ teaspoon salt
In a medium-sized saucepan,mix water,butter,and oil. Warmth over medium warmth,stirring often till butter is melted and produce to a boil.
1 cup (237 ml) water,¾ cup (177 g) unsalted butter,¼ cup (60 g) canola or vegetable oil
As soon as boiling,take away from warmth and add peanut butter. Stir till peanut butter is dissolved and combination is easy. Add to bowl with dry substances and stir till mixed. Put aside to chill for 5-10 minutes.
½ cup (145 g) creamy peanut butter
In the meantime,in a separate bowl,whisk collectively buttermilk,eggs,and vanilla extract.
½ cup (118 ml) buttermilk,2 giant eggs,1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Step by step stir buttermilk combination into batter,stirring till simply mixed.
Pour batter evenly into ready pan and switch to heart rack of 350F (175C) preheated oven and bake for 30-32 minutes or till a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear or with moist crumbs. Put together frosting.
Fudgy Peanut Butter Frosting
Measure out sugar and put aside (when you’re nervous about lumps in your icing,sift the sugar after measuring).
4 cups (500 g) powdered sugar
Mix buttermilk,butter,peanut butter,and salt in a medium-sized saucepan. Cook dinner over medium-low warmth till butter is melted. Enhance warmth to medium and produce to a boil whereas stirring continuously. As soon as boiling,take away from warmth.
½ cup (118 ml) buttermilk,10 Tablespoons (150 g) unsalted butter,⅔ cup (165 g) creamy peanut butter,¼ heaping teaspoon salt
Instantly add powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whisk till easy and instantly pour evenly over cake (within the pan,I don’t take away my cake from the pan).
Jelly Roll Pan
To bake in a jellyroll pan (15×10″ pan) bake on 350F for 18-22 minutes.
I like to recommend towards utilizing a “pure” number of peanut butter (the sort the place the oil separates out) as this might have an effect on the feel of the cake.
Creamy or crunchy peanut butter will work right here,I want creamy for smoother outcomes,however when you go for crunchy you’ll simply have small peanut items in your cake and icing.
Cowl the pan with foil or plastic wrap and retailer at room temperature for as much as three days.
Serving:1serving| Energy:354kcal| Carbohydrates:46g| Protein:5g| Fats:18g| Saturated Fats:8g| Polyunsaturated Fats:2g| Monounsaturated Fats:6g| Trans Fats:0.4g| Ldl cholesterol:43mg| Sodium:181mg| Potassium:114mg| Fiber:1g| Sugar:36g| Vitamin A:359IU| Calcium:31mg| Iron:1mg
Dietary info relies on third-party calculations and must be thought of an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will differ based mostly upon manufacturers used,measuring strategies,cooking methodology,portion sizes,and extra.