This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure coverage.
Mexican pollo asado is a number of the juiciest, most flavorful grilled hen you’ll ever style. Every hen thigh is marinated in a mixture of tangy lime, orange, and a mix of spices for some kick. You’ll love every tender, flavor-packed chunk!
When you love grilled hen however you need to change issues up from the standard teriyaki, this pollo asado is the best way to go. Serve it with some Mexican rice and refried beans for a whole meal that everybody will get pleasure from!
What’s Pollo Asado?
Pollo asado is a tasty Mexican grilled hen dish that’s all about huge taste. The title ‘Pollo Asado’ interprets to ‘grilled hen’, and that’s precisely what it’s – hen thighs soaked in a mixture of lime juice, orange juice, garlic, and spices, then grilled till they’re tremendous juicy with a tangy, smoky, and barely spicy taste. Folks find it irresistible! This can be a nice dish to make for these closing barbecues as summer season wraps up.
I actually love this pollo asado recipe as a result of it retains issues straightforward and scrumptious. The marinade is a mixture of lime juice, orange juice, garlic, Mexican oregano, and spices that makes the hen style wonderful. Letting the hen soak on this tasty marinade for not less than an hour will make certain it has one of the best taste. Once you throw that marinated hen on the grill, the char and smokiness make it irresistible. Critically probably the greatest grilled hen recipes I’ve had shortly!
What You’ll Must Make It
These elements crew as much as make your pollo asado style fantastic. It’s one of the best mixture of flavors! (Precise measurements are within the recipe card beneath.)
- Boneless Skinless Hen Thighs: Juicy hen items which are going to take in all the good things. Hen breasts will also be used should you want!
- Lime Juice: Provides a zingy and refreshing kick, making the pollo asado style all vibrant and vigorous.
- Orange Juice: Brings in a contact of sweetness and a touch of citrusy goodness for that additional yum.
- Garlic: A must-add for any savory hen dish!
- Mexican Oregano: Oregano with a vibrant taste that may make the hen style higher general.
- Floor Cumin: Brings in a heat, nutty taste.
- Ancho Chili Powder: Provides a bit of warmth and a pleasant pink shade!
- Salt and Black Pepper: So as to add an additional layer of taste to the pollo asado.
Methods to Make Pollo Asado
Time to fireplace up that grill! This pollo asado goes to take your whole yard barbecues to the following degree. Comply with these steps to finish up with essentially the most tender and flavorful grilled hen each time:
- Marinade Combination: To make the pollo asado marinade, in a bowl add the lime juice, orange juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, achiote powder, salt, and pepper. Then whisk to mix.
- Marinate Hen: To a big bowl, add the hen thighs, pour the marinade over the thighs. You should definitely get every thigh coated within the marinade. Cowl the bowl and let the hen marinade for not less than 1 hour.
- Warmth Grill: Whereas the hen is marinating, warmth a grill as much as between 350 and 400 levels Fahrenheit.
- Cook dinner: As soon as the hen has marinated for not less than an hour, place it on the preheated grill, cowl and permit the hen to grill till the interior temperature reads 165 levels Fahrenheit, about 20-Half-hour. Flip the hen midway by way of cooking.
- Relaxation, Then Serve: Take away the cooked hen and place them on a platter. Permit the hen to relaxation not less than 5 minutes earlier than serving.
Can I Bake Pollo Asado As an alternative?
Sure! This can be a nice approach to get pleasure from pollo asado year-round. To bake the hen, whereas the hen is marinating, preheat an oven to 375 levels Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil. As soon as the hen is prepared, bake till the interior temperature reads 165 levels Fahrenheit, about 30-40 minutes.
Ideas and Variations
Need to make your pollo asado much more wonderful? Take a look at these straightforward suggestions!
- Marinate Longer for Extra Taste: If potential, marinate your hen for a number of hours and even in a single day. This fashion, pollo asado can be even tastier.
- Use Wooden Chips: If utilizing a charcoal grill, throw in some soaked wooden chips (like hickory or mesquite) to provide your hen a smokier taste.
- Make it Spicy: Add chopped jalapeño or pink pepper flakes to the marinade for a spicier kick.
- Use For: As soon as the hen is grilled, slice it up or shred it after which use it as a scrumptious filling for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and extra! Prime along with your favourite toppings like salsa, guacamole, bitter cream, and shredded lettuce. Pollo asado can also be nice for utilizing in burrito bowls.
Storing Pollo Asado for Later
When you made an excessive amount of pollo asado, right here’s how one can hold it contemporary and use it later. It’s so good to have available! Use it for salads, wraps, rice bowls, you title it.
- Within the Fridge: Retailer hen in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days.
- Reheating: Switch your hen to a baking dish and heat within the oven for quarter-hour at 325 levels Fahrenheit.
Pin this now to seek out it later
Make the marinade, in a bowl add the lime juice, orange juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, achiote powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk to mix.
To a big bowl, add the hen thighs, pour the marinade over the thighs. You should definitely get every thigh coated within the marinade. Cowl the bowl and let the hen marinade for not less than 1 hour.
Whereas the hen is marinating, warmth a grill as much as between 350 and 400 levels fahrenheit.
As soon as the hen has marinated for not less than an hour, place it on the preheated grill, cowl and permit the hen to grill till the interior temperature reads 165 levels fahrenheit, about 20-Half-hour. Flip the hen midway by way of cooking.
Take away the cooked hen and place them on a platter. Permit the hen to relaxation not less than 5 minutes earlier than serving.
Energy: 305kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 45gFats: 10gSaturated Fats: 2gPolyunsaturated Fats: 2gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 0.04gLdl cholesterol: 215mgSodium: 1401mgPotassium: 724mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 750IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 66mgIron: 3mg
Vitamin data is robotically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.