When the yearning for chocolate hits, I need you to recollect this wealthy, chocolatey recipe that tastes prefer it got here from a bakery. This pan of small batch brownies for 2 individuals saves the day, each time! It is two beneficiant servings of wealthy, fudge-like brownies, baked in a loaf pan for a small batch.
Are you accustomed to my idea of brownies for 2? I bake a small batch of brownies in a loaf pan as an alternative of a conventional 8″ sq. brownie pan. A loaf pan is roughly half the scale of your favourite 8″ brownie pan.
In case you’ve been studying this web site for some time, you may know that my loaf pan is my favourite approach to scale recipes all the way down to make fewer servings. I take advantage of it for small batches of blondies, marshmallows, and even lasagna!
My brownie recipe made in a loaf pan has been oh-so-perfected over the 12 years I have been cutting down desserts. Sure, I imply 12 years, and I’ve eaten plenty of brownies in 12 years.
What you may want for Small Batch Brownies
- Butter. We’re utilizing half a stick of unsalted butter for this recipe. We will likely be melting it, so there isn’t any have to have it at room temperature.
- Granulated Sugar. Measure out ½ cup of granulated sugar, after which add yet one more tablespoon for the right quantity for these small batch brownies for 2.
- Cocoa Powder. Unsweetened, 100% all-natural cocoa powder is the objective. Any model will work, however simply be sure to do not buy Dutch-process cocoa powder.
- Salt. The smallest quantity of salt (¼ teaspoon) gives the right quantity of stability in a fudge-like wealthy brownie.
- Vanilla Extract. Sure, brownies are for chocolate lovers, however a little bit vanilla extract actually makes the cocoa flavors sing.
- Egg. One entire massive egg, at room temperature. In case your eggs are chilly, simply soak them in heat water for about quarter-hour and proceed with the recipe.
- All-Goal Flour.
The right way to make a Small Batch of Brownies:
This recipe begins by making the brownie batter within the microwave earlier than baking within the oven. Earlier than you start, pre-heat your oven to 325-degrees Fahrenheit, and line your loaf pan with parchment paper in a single course. It is okay if the brownie batter touches the perimeters of the pan.
In a big microwave-safe bowl, mix the butter, sugar and cocoa powder. It is useful to cut the butter into small items in order that it melts quicker. Microwave this combination for 30 seconds on HIGH.
Cease the microwave, stir, after which microwave once more on HIGH for an additional 30 seconds. Use a whisk to stir all the pieces collectively.
Subsequent, add the salt and vanilla and whisk to mix. Let this combination relaxation for 1 minute on the counter in order that it isn’t overly sizzling.
Lastly, it is cool sufficient to stir in a single massive egg. Beat the egg very effectively into the small batch brownies batter.
Add the flour, and utilizing a spatula, stir it in very effectively. Use a minimal of fifty brisk strokes to completely incorporate the flour and activate the gluten within the flour. This results in tremendous chewy, dense and wealthy brownies.
Now your totally combined batter is prepared for baking.
Pour the small batch brownies batter into the awaiting loaf pan. Use steel binder clips to carry the parchment paper in place, if it threatens to show inwards.
Bake for 23 minutes on the middle rack of the oven, or till a toothpick inserted comes out with solely moist crumbs clinging to it. Let the brownies cool utterly within the pan earlier than eradicating them from the pan by lifting the parchment paper.
Whenever you’re baking small batch brownies, all you need to do is minimize them in half and serve! Right here, I minimize them in small sticks as an alternative of two huge chunks, however you possibly can serve them dusted with powdered sugar any approach that you simply like!
Small Batch Brownies Recipe variations
The right way to retailer this recipe for Brownies with Cocoa
These brownies do not final lengthy in my home, due to their small batch amount. Nevertheless, you possibly can preserve any leftover at room temperature for as much as 2 days in an air-tight container. I do not suggest refrigerating them.
One closing possibility: in case you’ve by no means had a frozen brownie, I urge you to stay one slice of those small batch brownies within the freezer for later. Brownies by no means actually freeze agency, due to their excessive sugar content material, however they do grow to be extremely wealthy and additional chewy when frozen. A favourite dessert in our home is a frozen brownie topped with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and extremely popular fudge sauce. The feel are superb!
Brownie Recipe Small Batch FAQs
First, be sure to didn’t over-bake your brownies. Cooking them too lengthy will make them dry out and grow to be extra cake-like. Past that, the key lies with the recipe. A fantastic fudgy brownie recipe will include a excessive proportion of fats within the type of butter, and an egg for the custard-like heart it creates. It additionally is not going to include a lot flour–just sufficient to barely maintain it collectively. In case you’re utilizing my recipe for brownies, you’ll all the time have fudge-like outcomes.
A recipe for fudgy brownies all the time comprises plenty of butter and eggs. A cakey brownie recipe may have much less fats and far more flour to assist set and ‘dry’ out the combination.
Is that this even an actual query? The whole lot is best with butter, child. Skip the field combine for actual.
Sizzling brownies are approach too fragile to chop. Let the brownies cool utterly within the pan, take away them utilizing the parchment paper handles, and slice with a really sharp knife.
When brownies are completed, the highest will seem dry. In case you insert a toothpick within the heart of the brownies, it can have moist crumbs, however not moist batter.
Sure, this recipe requires the brownies to chill utterly within the pan. That is ‘carryover cooking’ and can make sure the brownies keep fudgy but in addition prepare dinner during.
Last Be aware
I additionally simply wish to encourage you guys to learn via the feedback beneath to see how individuals made these small batch brownies for 2 in a loaf pan their very own. Some added additional flour to make cake-y brownies, some baked them in ramekins to get a fudgier brownie, like my brownie pots. This recipe is yours to mess around with! Take pleasure in!
Extra Favorites from Dessert for Two
Prepare dinner Time
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 massive egg
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325, and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper in a single course
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix the butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Microwave for 30 seconds on HIGH.
- Stir, and microwave for an additional 30 seconds on HIGH.
- Stir the combination very effectively, after which add the salt and vanilla. Stir for 1 minute to chill the combination.
- Subsequent, add within the egg, and stir till its included.
- Lastly, add the flour, and stir for 50 strokes!
- Unfold the batter into the ready pan.
- Bake for 23 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted comes out with fudge crumbs clinging to it. The floor of the brownies is shiny when completed and beginning to crack.
- Let cool utterly within the pan, after which elevate out utilizing the parchment paper.
- Slice in half and serve.
Storage: These brownies do not final lengthy in my home, due to their small batch amount. Nevertheless, you possibly can preserve any leftover at room temperature for as much as 2 days in an air-tight container. I do not suggest refrigerating them, however they’re really scrumptious and chewy when eaten frozen.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 344Complete Fats: 26gSaturated Fats: 15gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 9gLdl cholesterol: 154mgSodium: 303mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g