Within the restaurant world, burger lovers all over the place are excited concerning the revitalization of the standard burger. It looks as if locations are lastly giving the hamburger the respect it deserves.
Smashburger is certainly one of my favourite locations to get a hamburger, they usually have this scrumptious sauce, the Smash Sauce, that’s onerous to beat. This particular sauce is fantastic on a burger but additionally makes for a fantastic dipping sauce for fries and far more.
This publish accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Smashburger’s hamburger patties aren’t your typical burgers. What makes them distinctive is how the cooks press the patties skinny on the grill and fry them lengthy sufficient to develop a crispy crust earlier than serving them on a smooth bun.
However no Smashburger is full with out a big dollop of Smash Sauce. The sauce’s creaminess, tempered by good acidity, completely enhances the skinny, crispy burger patty. Take a look at the next Smash Sauce recipe to make your personal at dwelling!
What’s Smash Sauce?
Smash Sauce is a straightforward mayonnaise-based sauce with loads of yellow mustard thrown into the combo, a number of chopped dill pickles, and a few pickle juice for an extra tang. A splash of vegetable oil helps carry the entire sauce collectively, after which it goes into the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours to let the flavors mingle.
This can be the most effective burger sauce, however is superb for extra than simply burgers. Use it as an alternative of ketchup for fries or onion rings. Exchange your sandwich mayo with this tangy sauce. It’s a sauce it is best to have readily available and different condiments.
Elements for Smash Sauce
Right here’s what you have to make Smashburger smashsauce:
- Mayonnaise – provides you the creamy base of the sauce
- Yellow ready mustard – provides you the sharp tang of this sauce
- Pickle juice – provides simply the correct amount of acidity to make the flavors shine by means of
- Dill pickle – this provides each taste and texture to the sauce
- Vegetable oil – that is added so the sauce may have the consistency.
The Smash Sauce recipe requires ready yellow mustard, and when you definitely can use any bottle of yellow mustard you’ve got readily available, folks have sturdy opinions relating to which sort is the most effective.
Many imagine that French’s model mustard is crucial for essentially the most authentic-tasting sauce. Just a few insist you’ll be able to solely mimic the style of the actual sauce by utilizing French’s Dijon mustard.
Experiment and see which sort of yellow mustard you want the most effective on this Smash Sauce recipe.
Easy methods to Make Smash Sauce
Listed below are the 2 easy steps for making smash burger sauce:
- Place chopped dill pickles, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and a couple of teaspoons of dill pickle juice in a small bowl.
- Stir nicely to mix the substances and let it relaxation within the fridge for a number of hours earlier than serving.
Making a Smashburger-Model Burger
Whereas smash sauce is superb on odd burgers, french fries, or absolutely anything, it shines when served on high of a Smashburger-style burger. Making the home made Smashburger-style hamburgers goes in opposition to each rule of burger-making, however one way or the other, they at all times make a scrumptious burger.
If you wish to make a Smashburger-style burger at dwelling, comply with these smash burger recipe steps:
- Type the bottom beef into 4-ounce pucks. Let the shaped patties sit at room temperature for five to 10 minutes.
- Preheat a big skillet, forged iron skillet, or griddle over medium warmth because the patties come to room temperature. To get the most effective outcomes, you have to have sufficient sizzling floor space to offer your self sufficient room to squish the patties with out coming into contact with one another.
- Season the skinny beef patties liberally with salt and pepper on either side.
- Improve the warmth to excessive, and lay the patties on the cooking floor with a minimum of three inches of area surrounding each.
- Use a sturdy huge flat spatula, the sort with none slots, to flatten the patty. You should use one other spatula that will help you to use sufficient stress.
- Prepare dinner for 90 seconds.
- Use the spatula to scrape the patty cleanly from the cooking floor and flip.
- Add a slice of American cheese if you’d like, and prepare dinner on the opposite aspect for simply 30 seconds.
- Place straight on a ready bun, I extremely advocate a brioche bun if you could find them.
- Add your favourite toppings, similar to iceberg lettuce and tomato slices if desired.
Ideas For Serving and Storing Smashburger Sauce
- Unfold the sauce straight on the bun. Unfold half the sauce on the highest bun and the opposite half on the underside bun. This trick is not going to solely evenly distribute the flavour however will assist shield the bun from getting soggy.
- Maintain within the fridge in an hermetic container. The sauce ought to keep recent for about two weeks.
You may keep within the loop by friending us on Fb!
Love Burgers? Take a look at these recipes
In style Quick-Meals Sauce Recipes
Smashburger Smash Sauce
Benefit from the wealthy taste that solely Smashburger’s Smashsauce can ship.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yellow ready mustard
- 2 teaspoons pickle juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
In a small bowl mix chopped dill pickles, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and a couple of teaspoons of dill pickle juice.
Stir nicely, and let relaxation within the fridge for a few hours earlier than serving.
- Yellow ready mustard is the traditional mustard that you’d have on any sizzling canine or hamburger.
- The dill pickle juice is important for the recipe, the sauce has a bitter tang, however not too many pickles, so that is how we get this glorious dill taste.
- A contact of vegetable oil is required as a result of the sauce is skinny, and you may’t actually skinny this one with water.
- This sauce is ideal on a hamburger and makes a beautiful sauce to dip your french fries into.
Energy: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fats: 9g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 165mg | Potassium: 8mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 0.1mg