I’m right here immediately to make use of my platform to protest my least favourite day in February. And no, I’m not speaking about Valentine’s Day. Clearly, I’ll observe any vacation devoted to like and sweet. As an alternative, I need to make a movement to take away Groundhog Day from our nationwide calendar. It’s an historic vacation devoted to a literal rodent. Why are we celebrating at the present time after we may substitute it with Rosa Parks’ birthday?
Anyway, under are some issues I’ve truly been having fun with this month and have a wonderful weekend! Oh, and completely satisfied Usher (and most positively Taylor) Bowl!
• I used to be at a cocktail party final fall when a girl propositioned me to sleep along with her husband, and I virtually spit out my cornbread. However apparently polyamory is a giant factor proper now. I actually missed the boat on that one! (The Atlantic)
• Studying an article about stress is kinda … demanding. However I do just like the endgame right here and am attempting to include this straightforward phrase into my life. (goop)
• The Oscars are my Tremendous Bowl, and studying is my sport, so I like this rundown on 2024 Greatest Image nominees again once they have been books. (The Week)
• If I have been the kind to host a Tremendous Bowl occasion, as a substitute of ordering a heart-shaped pizza from Papa John’s, I’d make Pleasure’s Spicy Buffalo Rooster Candy Rolls. As an alternative, I bookmarked these to make for dinner this week as a result of they appear scrumptious. (Pleasure the Baker)
• I used to be subbing for an elementary faculty music class throughout all the month of January, so I created this playlist to assist youngsters get their jollies out. Seize some hand percussion devices and scarves for the primary half then settle in for some enjoyable bits of movie historical past. (YouTube)
• If you wish to lean into the darkish days of February, Patrick Radden Keefe’s immaculately written and researched function will do the trick. (New Yorker)
• One thing to look ahead to later this month: A brand new Coen Brothers film. (YouTube)
• “I could be agency as chilly turkey.” Jordan Kapono Nakamura (Poets.org)
• Postal service PSA: I used the Love 2024 stamps for my Valentines this yr and so they’re beautiful. (USPS)
• You want a LOL standup routine. You simply do. The way in which Jacqueline Novak leaps across the stage and talks in a single 90-minute run-on sentence with out breaking a sweat is pure athleticism. (Netflix)
• Is anybody else watching Mr. & Mrs. Smith? I can’t get sufficient of this motion rom-com. Maya Erskine and Donald Glover have unbelievable chemistry. Plus, he takes off his shirt in each episode, which makes me overlook what I stated above about polyamory. (Amazon)